Angel Place cleaned up.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
phoney™ Thursday 30 September 2004 1.38pm
New lights, paving and 3D murals. Obviously the graffitti merchants haven't seen it yet.

janefs Thursday 30 September 2004 2.09pm
Depressing to think that the first reaction to this is that it will attract the wrong sort of attention. Even if it all proves durable I'm not sure it will encourage me to linger and read.....and it helps to draw attention to a perfectly awful bit of local architecture. Bah Humbug!...Now if something positive could be done to make St Georges Gardens free of needles, broken glass, discarded cans, threatening dogs and unpleasant people with anti social habits - that would be a real improvement.
Ivanhoe Thursday 30 September 2004 4.25pm
Sorry Jane. But where else are we supposed to drink our cider??????

...if you press it, they will come.
phoney™ Wednesday 6 October 2004 6.18pm
Sorry to resurrect this, but on the way home tonight I noticed that 3 of the 4 Dickens signs above have
had large sections ripped off. Oh well, they did last a week. I estimate the artwork, metalwork and
preparation cost at least 10 grand. You would have thought putting them on the opposite wall higher up
would have been far more sensible. So now they'll have to be removed and repaired. Let's hope they'll
be a little wiser in the positioning next time. Wonder who's paying for them.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions