Buying Sunday's papers on Saturday night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 22 November 2008 1.11pm
Does anyone know of somewhere locally where I can do this? Waterloo, perhaps? And if so, what sort of time do they go on sale?

I've seen this at Embankment tube and at Hammersmith, but am looking for somewhere a bit closer to home!
Saturday 22 November 2008 2.05pm
You used to be able to buy them at Waterloo Station at the Waterloo Road entrance, but I've not seen the table there for a few months. Maybe I'm too early/late whenever I go by.
Saturday 22 November 2008 3.40pm
Costcutters opposite Southwark Station has them quite early every night, not sure now about Sunday papers as have not bought any in ages. Used to be about 10-11 pm at the latest.
Saturday 22 November 2008 4.10pm
Thanks for that, I'll check it out.
Saturday 22 November 2008 6.16pm
Both 24 hour costcutters on Tower Bridge road have them around 1am (one up opposite the Travel Inn, the other down near the Jam Factory).
Saturday 22 November 2008 7.27pm
There's a distributor called Daltons in a railway arch on Gt Suffolk St, corner of Pocock St, from where the early vendors get their bundles, and where the media scouts pick up their rivals' first editions. It's not a retail place, but if you ask nicely you can get the Sundays from about 9pm - 9.30pm. I guess the business (and the other larger distributors in the area) is a legacy of Fleet St being just across the river.
Saturday 22 November 2008 7.40pm
Good tips! Cheers.
Sunday 23 November 2008 11.30am
by the taxi rank at london bridge station, usually from about midnight, there is a man selling all the papers there

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: