Samuel Smiths Stout

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 22 November 2008 6.53pm
Does anyone know where I can buy bottles of it, preferably in SE1 or nearby? If you know anywhere in London I'd still like to know.
Saturday 22 November 2008 7.21pm
I'd have thought that the Anchor Tap in Shad Thames would stock it as it is a Sam Smiths pub
Saturday 22 November 2008 7.44pm
Thanks, Sidney. Will I be able to buy it and take it away though?
Saturday 22 November 2008 7.48pm
Utobeer in Borough Market stock Sam Smiths products [in bottles]. Opening times 12-6 Thurs and Fris, 9-4 Sat.
Saturday 22 November 2008 7.50pm
Why does it have to be Sam Smiths Stout??
Saturday 22 November 2008 7.54pm
hydrometer wrote:
Why does it have to be Sam Smiths Stout??

Just a guess, but maybe because beetroot likes it - it's allowed, you know.
Saturday 22 November 2008 7.57pm
pee ess:

beetroot, Utobeer stock both the Oatmeal Stout and Imperial Stout.
Saturday 22 November 2008 8.04pm
A few years ago, my father gave me a CAMRA London Pub Guide. When he gave it to me he had obviously already browsed it and against the Anchor Tap wrote a “Must Visit” comment.
He had not had Sam Smiths for many years, because where he was living it was not readily available.
Anyway to cut a long story short, we did make it to the Anchor Tap and had a very nice Sunday lunchtime and a good few pints of Sam Smiths bitter.
He is no longer with us, but I still think of that Sunday lunchtime when I open the book and see his handwriting on the page.
Saturday 22 November 2008 8.05pm
Brilliant!
The reason is that over in Chatter I gave a recipe to Jan the old one for her veggie brother, but I said use Guinness which is not veggie. Sam Smiths stouts are vegan (except the Oatmeal) so she can use the Imperial. I'm curious myself but I'm just going to drink it. I'm off over there now to post the news. Thanks janefs.
Saturday 22 November 2008 8.07pm
Sorry, hydrometer. I was writing my post at the same time. 'Brilliant' isn't really the best response to your story.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: