Washing machine trauma!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 11 January 2004 4.02pm
I think my washing machine is about to spin it's last spin - does anyone know of a local, reliable and quick washing machine repairman? (no jokes about spin doctors please!)

Trauma is compounded by the fact that 10 month old son goes through about two complete changes of clothes everyday ... and he wears washable nappies!!! HELP!!!
Sunday 11 January 2004 8.28pm
Hi Julie

I've been told that one way of extending the life of a washing machine is to run it empty on a very high cycle and that shifts build up of soap that could be clogging it up. Also, clean the filter. Hope this is of some help.
Monday 12 January 2004 9.26am
cooks electrical..s.e.17 0207 703 8781

jan
Monday 12 January 2004 11.13am
Cooks Electrical Services
85, Camberwell Rd
London
SE5 0EZ

Tel: 020 7703 8781

I would highly recommend them. I used them recently. There call out charge and time is inclusive and it is less than 45.00. On top of that is the cost of the parts.

They were both efficient and cheap.

Regards, Alex
Monday 12 January 2004 2.02pm
Julie,

If all else fails, try renting from Box Clever - you pay a monthly rental and if anything goes wrong, they come and fix it. I've done it for years now because I had so many problems with machines I bought.

Good luck!

Jenny
Sunday 18 January 2004 1.54pm
Many thanks for all the above ... I contacted Cooks in the afternoon and they were here the following morning - fantastic service - I too will highly recommend them!!

Cheers!
Sunday 18 January 2004 9.27pm
You can buy a washing machine for under 200 quid. When you
consider that call-out and parts will set you back at least 100 quid
you might as well treat yourself to a new one and get a years
guarantee. But never go for extended warranty. If something
lasts for a year, chances are it will keep going.
Monday 19 January 2004 1.50pm
Pimlico Plumbers have appliance engineers and offer a same day service. They are very reasonably priced too. They have a good reputation and are the only company ill use for plumbing or any such works

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: