Greensmiths Lower Marsh - new supermarket!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
mac
Tuesday 2 December 2008 3.53pm
Hi
I wondered whether anyone went to the opening of this new supermarket on Lower Marsh

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3635

It sounds excellent, exactly what I've wanted in this area for ages. I can't wait to go there. Hopefully it will live up to expectations and I won't have to go to the rubbish Sainsbury's on Waterloo Road anymore

Related news & features

Tuesday 2 December 2008 5.24pm
Sounds fantastic and good to see it is open until 8pm. Hope to make it there at the weekend.
Tuesday 2 December 2008 6.39pm
That's awesome! Think I'll go check it out this weekend.
And hopefully it'll provide some inspiration to that goddamn Coopers place to stay open for more than 6 hours a week.
mac
Wednesday 10 December 2008 6.12pm
I've been into Greensmiths twice now and must say it's really excellent. They are still in the process of opening (the basement level is still being finished and I believe it's going to house a cheesemonger and bigger wine outlet for Waterloo Wines) but from what I've seen so far I think it is exactly what the area needs. The staff are very helpful especially the fruit and veg lady who will take orders for produce if they haven't got it in stock that day. Mr Mac urgently need bok choi and shitake mushrooms and they ordered them for the following day! I can't imagine Sainsbury's doing that. They seem to have different fruit/veg every day so it's a great selection and it's really nicely presented. The bread is also excellent; a range of different types of unusual breads, all organic. We bought the sourdough rye today and a selection of different cakes for Mr Mac's dad's birthday.
I really hope this shop succeeds as not only is it good quality it is reclaiming the highstreet from the likes of Tesco/Sainsbury's and providing consumer with a bit more choice.
Needless to say, no connection just a very happy customer...
Wednesday 10 December 2008 8.16pm
Yep, I bought a delicious pie from there at the weekend, great addition to the area.
Monday 15 December 2008 12.57pm
Went there twice over the weekend. Great meat, ordered turkey and ham for Christmas. really nice people, a great addition to the area
Wednesday 7 January 2009 11.09am
I am very impressed with Greensmiths. I popped in yesterday to buy some belly pork and the service was exceptional as always. The whole place offers such a wonderful choice of different intersting things. It's also nice to have a real butcher in the area again after the disappearance of the trio that used to be in The Cut and Lower Marsh 20+ years ago.
Monday 26 January 2009 11.15pm
I love this shop. The Ginger Pig concession (the butchers who are also at Borough Market) does excellent meat. Not too pricey either. The Post Office bakery bread is also good. But the grocers in the middle of the store... it's exceptional. The veg I've had from there is fresh, excellent quality and, again, not too pricey. JUST what the area needs.

Only quibble... the coffee kiosk. It's interminably SLOW. Good job I had time on my hands because I waited 15 minutes for a couple of regular coffees.
Sunday 26 June 2011 12.27pm
Our usually pleasant customer experience was not repeated when we shopped at Grensmiths yesterday. For various reasons we had to go to the butcher's counter twice, and on neither ocassion was there any staff, as they were holed up downstairs. There's no bell to ring for service, and on the second ocassion the lady on the deli counter had to shout down for them, and clearly did not like doing so (perhaps she has to do it dozens of time a day). When the butcher came up one felt one had caused enormous inconvenience. When spending 40 on meat we didn't feel appreciated at all. No boss visible, perhaps that's why.
Sunday 26 June 2011 1.47pm
Shop there every now and again , especially if i feel like treating myself to a large steak .

Was in there once though when a couple of staff were giving there orders to someone who was going to macdonalds for them ...as soon as the person went off to get there big macs etc , a lady , i assume was in charge pulled 2 members of staff to one side and gave them a ticking off as the supermarket is "upmarket and macdonalds does not look good for our image"

;)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network