Non-froofy massage options?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 4 December 2008 12.01pm
I got a guy who does god knows what to his back all day and his muscles back there are like a gnarled tree trunk. My dainty little hands can only make a surface dent in the problem. I was thinking about buying him a gift certificate for a deep tissue massage somewhere but it has to be somewhere that's not too girly. If they try to sprinkle fairy dust on him or realign his chakra it might freak him out. Any blokey massage options near TBR?
Thursday 4 December 2008 12.57pm
There is a man called Wolfgang,who works just over Blackfriers Bridge at a gym, who works really deeply (I can vouch for that, ouch!) who is terrific and might be just what your guy needs, if he isn't too far away, he has a website: www.mittelmaier.co.uk
Thursday 4 December 2008 4.37pm
There's also a guy at the Stress Exchange who was previously the massage guy for several professional football teams. He can do deep tissue. He's Irish; can't think of his name at the moment. Kieran?
Thursday 4 December 2008 8.44pm
not quite se1, but not far- in old street is a great place for osteopathy and sports massage.
not for the faint hearted as they don't take any prisoners, but really good and efficient.
central london osteopathy and sports injury clinic

no connection, just a happy customer.
hope this helps
schnake
Thursday 4 December 2008 10.49pm
Keeping it local, the British school of Osteopathy is based in SE1.The clinic is on Southwark bridge Rd.

http://www.bso.ac.uk/
Friday 5 December 2008 9.15pm
I can vouch for the BSO; it's definitely more of a medical treatment-type experience, though. They were excellent in diagnosing and addressing a muscle issue I had stemming from an old injury--took several sessions over the course of a few months but it really solved the problem. If you want a lovely gift experience this might not be the thing, but if your guy has a chronic problem (whether from the work he does or the way his body's put together) then this could be perfect and a very thoughtful gift. The therapists are all advanced students; diagnosis and proposed treatment is approved in advance by tutors, who also check in during the therapy itself. The clinic itself is very new and spiffy.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: