yummy meal at the Bermondsey Kitchen

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 12 January 2004 3.54pm

I remember that there was a (long) thread about this place before Xmas. I had a very decent meal there about a week ago - when myself and the lovely girlfriend just popped in (no reservation).

The service was good (I seem to remember people saying that it was not so good before) and they were flexible about ordering.

But it was really quiet. Maybe we just happened upon a quiet evening but are people still going?
Monday 12 January 2004 3.55pm
Haven't been there since mid December, but been going once a month or so, and if anything it gets better. Portions are huge.
Jai
Monday 12 January 2004 4.28pm
I still have issues with their smoking policy...

I go about once a month, but find it more pleasureable to go elswhere... I like the food... and I like being able to go and get a table without reserving (slightly less good for them ofcourse). I just don't like sitting in a smokey place when I'm eating.

Varkenslachter
Monday 12 January 2004 4.42pm

I have just quit so maybe I will find it more smokey.

Everybody likes to think they can run a restaurant with no experience... and I am no different. So my advice (as someone who spent one week as a waiter before getting fired) is that they should offer more bar snacks to get people in for a drink and a nibble rather than for a (big) meal.
Tuesday 13 January 2004 9.58pm
I agree with Jai: I am a non smoker but not anti smoke at all-- in the Bermondsey Kitchen however I found it disturbing, more so than anywhere else...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: