Good SE1 garage?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 13 January 2004 8.47am
My motor's on its last legs (new radiator and exhaust needed for an ageing toyotta corrolla), but want to try and get another 6 months out of it. Does anyone know of any decent local garages without the fear of getting ripped off?
jan
Tuesday 13 January 2004 8.57am
Bart- in the old kent road opposite mcdonalds there is a company that replaces rads, been there years it's the best...and go to kwik fit for your exhaust...once you go to a garage unless you personally know the owner with an old car your in their hands...my daughter was charged three hundred pounds to have a new starter motor fitted in verney road....on a fiat that nearly ten years old!

and the porcine element takes to the sky...
Tuesday 13 January 2004 1.41pm
Try Ian RW Auro's Morocco ST 0207 407 2403. Serviced my car, repaired it after a lovely lady hit it( at least she admitted doing it!) then a nasty little man hit it( and drove off!) Sensible prices and polite service.Tell them I said so!

Christianna
HC
Tuesday 13 January 2004 5.24pm
I had Albany Garage opposite Tescos on Old Kent Rd (actually on Mina Rd) recommended to me on this forum and found them very honest and reasonable. My friend now uses them too and has been equally impressed.
Tel no is 020 7703 6839
Tuesday 13 January 2004 6.29pm
thanks guys- I will now venture in with slightly less trepidation!
jkd
Wednesday 14 January 2004 2.00pm
RW Autos definitely....Morroco St. Ask for Baz or Pat.
Wednesday 14 January 2004 3.38pm
Albany road garage is great!
Wednesday 14 January 2004 4.08pm
Don't go to Qwik fit or any other 'Quick fit tyre n exhaust' place for an exhaust. Go to a proper garage, and you're likely to get it done more cheaply. Particularly if the garage will use 'independent' parts, rather than original Toyota parts.

Wouldn't you be better off scrapping the car and buying a new old banger for a couple of hundred?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: