Moving to SE16

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 7 December 2008 10.46pm
Hi Everyone,

thinking about moving to the area just off grange road,no nothing about area or secondary schools help please!
Monday 8 December 2008 7.42am
Grange Road is a nice area to live in, can't comment on secondary schools except avoid Geoffrey Chaucer like the plague, I think the name has been changed to the Globe Academy, that's just off New Kent Road.
Monday 8 December 2008 10.29am
rene wrote:
Jan the old one wrote:
Grange Road is a nice area to live in, can't comment on secondary schools except avoid Geoffrey Chaucer like the plague, I think the name has been changed to the Globe Academy, that's just off New Kent Road.

Ah thanks Jan for your comment.The place we are looking to move to is a H A house so thats why i ask as probably going to make this a long term move.
Schools i was recommended was Harris Acadamy.
Tuesday 9 December 2008 12.28pm
Grange Road is a lovely place to live with access to the excellent Spa gardens, restaurants and bars on Bermondsey St. and surroundings, and transport.

I mentor at the Harris Academy and it does seems to be a rapidly improving school that gets pretty reasonable results. I think the primary school (Boutcher?) also gets excellent Ofsted ratings.

Chris
Tuesday 9 December 2008 10.41pm
Ah thanks for your reply.The road i am thinking of moving to is Macks Road near to a primary school i think its more off southwark park rd.
sq1
Monday 15 December 2008 1.35pm
yes it is a short road with some victorian terraces on i think, and a converted paint factory, very close to the blue and bermondsey tube station
Saturday 19 September 2009 11.03pm
Hi,

I'm looking to move into SE16 but not familiar with the area. Any part of Bermondsey which I should stay away from?

The street that I've been looking into are Collett road and Webster road which is about 5 minutes walk from Bermondsey tube station.

Anyone know of any problems around these these streets? what's the neighbourhood like?
Sunday 20 September 2009 3.30am
janet88 wrote:
The street that I've been looking into are Collett road and Webster road which is about 5 minutes walk from Bermondsey tube station.
Anyone know of any problems around these these streets? what's the neighbourhood like?

Meh. It's not too bad, how unfamiliar with the area are you? Certainly by and large the bits of Bermondsey people call "Nice" are those North of Jamaica Road, or West of Tower Bridge. Webster Road area? Not too bad considering it's on the wrong side of that divide. There was a fatal shooting last month but that's not SE16, that's London, it didn't sound like a random thing. I live on Southwark Park Road so...

Sometimes a bit scary with kids but not that much actual bother. The big distinguishing feature is that it's all a bit grimy, whereas in much of London the main roads are horrendous but you can turn into an amazing side street (Holloway Road is a prime example of this). That's much rarer round here so it's harder to advise of a specific area to stay away from.
Monday 21 September 2009 1.59pm
I couldn't disagree more with the above comments about Grange road ! I lived there 6 month and found it the worst place I lived in London so far. My scooter has been stolen twice and once I found it burnt in the Spa park, the neighbourhood is dodgy, there are no shops, tube station is far away, the area is 99% council houses + few new buildings badly built (noisy, etc) I would not recommend anyone to live there again ! I am now living in Bermondsey wall west, a small paradise compare to dodgy Grange road.
The reality of the area is that the south of Jamaica road is dodgy whereas the north of the road, specially near the river, is very good, safe, near load of bars, restaurants, etc.
Thursday 15 October 2009 12.22am
Hi there, i am new to the forum. I am actually thinking of leaving Bermondsey Wall West to buy a flat in the Alsaka Building.
Is it that unsafe? I am a single woman wlaking everywhere, so now i am quite worried by all this.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: