New 99p store at Elephant and Castle!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 9 December 2008 12.45am
hello! Noticed clarks closed down when I was in elephant and castle last week. Went in again today and was delighted to see a 99p store taking over! It opens tomorrow, 9 dec at 9am. The first 499 ppl get to buy a tea set worth 9.99 for 99p.

Yipee! Wouldnt have to travel far for my 99p deals now. :) Used to have to go down to camberwell.
Tuesday 9 December 2008 9.36am
Nothing good about 99p emporium, it being that it has displaced the invaluable Clarks - had it been in an empty premises I could have stood it. Pricebusters in the E&C shopping centre has wonderful things, Woolies (alas, alas) will be closing, whatever next? Why is it so good to have all sorts of cheap tat? There is plenty of that in the market stalls around the shopping centre.
Tuesday 9 December 2008 9.43am
I can't believe there was a queue outside this morning!
Tuesday 9 December 2008 11.17am
What, what, no Waitrose?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 9 December 2008 11.34am
Ivanhoe wrote:
What, what, no Waitrose?

Tuesday 9 December 2008 11.42am
Who wants to bet that in a couple of months' time Jackie will be the 99p store's greatest fan?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 9 December 2008 12.12pm
James! I'm shocked!

and Jackie being your biggest fan too!

(what odds are you offering?)
Tuesday 9 December 2008 1.15pm
James, my dear, I shall NOT be the biggest fan of the 99p shop. I lived in Camberwell for yonks, and we had a whole raft of them in Butterfly Walk. It's not that they never have anything you want - they often do have some good things. But frankly I'd FAR rather have Clarks and Woolies (Woolies was over run this morning, everyone weeping and gnashing their teeth as they clear the store). However, I agree to contribute to a charity of your choice should I find reason to recant!(I'd contribute, naturally, 99p).
Tuesday 9 December 2008 1.18pm
Damn - you beat me to it Ivanhoe.
Tuesday 9 December 2008 1.50pm
You have to start your ramble early in the morning, Phil, to get in ahead of me on any Waitrose-related topic.

But it's good to know you're there for backup ;0)

Ivanhoe [Never Knowingly Underbold]

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: