Eating & Drinking in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 9 December 2008 2.37pm
I've finally got around to writing up a few of my favourite SE1 haunts:

Thoughts and comments most welcome.
Wednesday 10 December 2008 3.33pm
I've been meaning to try the Dragon Castle for a while now, would other people agree it's a good place to go?
Wednesday 10 December 2008 4.02pm
Dragon Castle is brilliant

Good reviews on the blog site, have you considered putting them in the reviews section on this very website? It is becoming a very well-used resource.
Wednesday 10 December 2008 4.06pm
Dragon Castle really very good - and I hate Chinese! Even hated Hakkasan
Wednesday 10 December 2008 4.46pm
Good blog. Mar i Terra, eh?
Wednesday 10 December 2008 5.09pm
Thanks Longlaner. Thought it was about time I posted some local places!

Mar i Terra - I thought it was just me being oversensitive before I read the threads on here!
Wednesday 10 December 2008 8.32pm
How much is it for a meal for two with wine please thanx.
Wednesday 10 December 2008 11.15pm
Very useful blog - maybe you could ask James for a link from the review section. You've reminded me to go to Dragon Castle again - excellent restaurant but due to its location, you do need to be reminded from time to time. For some reason, I started thinking of Bleeding Heart before getting to it on your blog - probably due to the EC1 sandwich bar and getting my head into Clerkenwell mode, where we used to live - and was pleased to see it there. Cicada is also another EC1 favourite.

Have you tried Arancia on Southwark Park Road? Definitely a hidden gem:
Thursday 11 December 2008 7.19am
Eileen: The last time I went there were four of us - and I didn't pay - but I'd estimate two could eat very happily with wine for 30ish. Does this sound accurate, others who've been recently?

Of course, as with all Chinese places, it depends how many courses you have etc, and whether you got menu fright like I do and order everything in sight.

Emma: glad I've jogged the memory on Dragon Castle! There's some great places in Clerkenwell: I work up that way so that tends to be my other orbit. St John is a favourite, but haven't been there for a while: good lunch spot in the winter, though.

I haven't tried Arancia, but the website looks good (expect the hideous wine glasses - although I'm increasingly aware I'm the only one with this particular hangup) so I'll have to check it out.
Thursday 11 December 2008 9.35am
Thanx W&D will give it a go next week.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: