Christmas Lights

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 11 December 2008 8.22pm
Does anyone have any spectacular/over the top Christmas lights near them this year? SE1/SE16 would both be fine,this will be my last Christmas in the UK for a few years and I would like to take some photos before I go .Passed a fab one in Rotherhithe Street recently if anyone else has kids/has nothing better to do/just is a bit tragic like me,and you want to have a look!
Saturday 13 December 2008 7.27am
The ones on Rotherhithe Street are a classic. I live just down the road and have now got to the stage of looking forward to them being swiched one akin to Regent Street - they are now taking charitable donations to off set the electricity costs - c10 takes you right there
Saturday 13 December 2008 10.56am
there are some particululary tacky ones on a house in pilgrimage street opposite tabard gardens...
Saturday 13 December 2008 6.21pm
I think we passed the lights in Pilgrimage St last night, on our way to the Se1 Christmas Dinner, we thought they were nice, first time we have seen a Virgin and babe though in lights at Christmas! Its all a bit of fun anyway and they must have taken a lot of time and effort to put up.
Saturday 13 December 2008 8.06pm
im sorry?? they are awful
Sunday 14 December 2008 12.22pm
Each to his own. It's not like they're a permanent fixture.
Sunday 14 December 2008 1.38pm
quite, live and let live - what harm does it really do?
Monday 15 December 2008 11.44am
i also bought my lights at Rotherhithe Street! it's my second christmas here! this year i bought the new lights at Rotherhithe Street, think they are great! i nearly fell in love with them :)
ADT
Monday 15 December 2008 2.01pm
There is a house at the corner of Albany Road and Thurlow Street that is very well lit. Also, one of the flats on OKR opposite Asda has the wall fairly covered.
Monday 15 December 2008 2.04pm
One of the houses/ groundfloor flats at the waterloo end of Stamford Street has a big Rudolf in the garden
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: