Still confused [about living in Bermondsey]

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 12 December 2008 12.32pm
Still confused about area.Really love the house i looked at,but getting mixed messages about living in bermondsey.Some say its on the up some say its a no no.
I really need more convinsing.The house is around macks road.Thanks evryone,and i am enjoying this forum.
Friday 12 December 2008 12.40pm
As I said in the previous thread, Bermondsey is great. Where do you live now? What are your concerns about the area?
Friday 12 December 2008 1.03pm
If it is a social housing property I would grab it while you can, before it gets allocated to someone else! It is a far better area than most in London.
Friday 12 December 2008 1.41pm
I guess it's what you want from an area that counts. I've only been here a bit over a year and I love it. My neighbour, who moved in at the same time, is still trying to convince herself. One thing I'd suggest is that you'd need to like it as it is, not on the basis of it's being on the up and up,whatever that means.
Friday 12 December 2008 2.07pm
I love Bermondsey, having lived here for 5 years now. Bermondsey has a bad reputation in some people's minds - of who I doubt any have lived here. You have the convenience of central london a short bus or tube away, or better still a brisk walk along the Thames. Enough local shops + a few chains and supermarkets to give plenty of choice. I also think we have a fab mix of people and that gives us a true cosmopolitan feel. Wait til you experience the Latin carnivals in Southwark Park in the summer, along with many other treats. I'd rather live in a real neighbourhood that's a bit ramshackle in parts than a bland part of town. You're in London, live in London!
Friday 12 December 2008 3.20pm
Which part of Bermondsey exactly? There are hugely differing areas.

But to be honest if you're in doubt to this extent, it doesn't really matter what area of Bermondsey it is, it's likely you'll be more content staying put.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: