Car boot sale?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Kat
Wednesday 14 January 2004 5.05pm
I am moving overseas and have lots of things ideal for a car boot sale. Is there anyone who can suggest a good one preferably in south London or nearby?
Jai
Thursday 15 January 2004 7.28am
congrats Kat... am following you very soon.
where you going ?

Varkenslachter
Kat
Thursday 15 January 2004 9.01am
Going to New Zealand, canīt wait....
So do you know any car boot sales around here?
Jai
Thursday 15 January 2004 10.40am
fraid I'm a very poor source of information... I was just interested where you were going. Nice place...

Varkenslachter
Thursday 15 January 2004 7.31pm
ebay.co.uk, very near to all of us...
Tuesday 20 January 2004 1.45pm
There's a really good one as you go down towards Battersea High Road - it is on a Sunday afternoon between 1pm and 5pm and is held in the grounds (I think) Battersea Technology College?

Also, there was one in Great Suffolk Street on a Sunday starting early in the morning called Big Den's, held in a car park, although I don't know if it is still going - it didn't get off to a very good start is at started in October I believe and it was very cold and blowy.

yennig
Tuesday 20 January 2004 4.42pm

I've heard there is a jumble sale weekly in a church called St Hughs near Long Lane - cant find details of frequency however.

easyrecall
Tuesday 20 January 2004 7.29pm
Its a kind of semi-secret charity shop and lunch club, trying to provide a few affordable things for less well off locals, at the same time as raising a bit of money for activities and trips. Its on Wednesdays, 10-2 I think (not having the exact time to hand), at St Hughs in the basement of Charterhouse's 'Rainbow Building' in Crosby Row SE1, off Long Lane as easyrecall says. So drop in if you want to donate or buy, or find out more about what Charterhouse does. I think they have difficulty collecting but can sometimes do so by arrangement.

Wednesday 21 January 2004 6.13am
there is a boot sale in the car park of the lewisham shopping centre every sunday morning.
also covent garden market in nine elms, i think thats a sunday too.
Wednesday 21 January 2004 7.46am
do they still have the little friday morning jumble associated with central hall, corner of decima street near tower bridge road? in a small shop thats closed the rest of the week?

jan

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: