Christmas Trees

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 15 December 2008 7.35pm
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get a real Christmas tree this year in SE1? I tried the Cut and Lower Marsh today with no success... Borough Market has some but they were charging >50 for a 5ft tree, seems excessive!

I've not got a car so don't fancy the prospect of B&Q on the old kent road...

Festive greetings...

Scott
Monday 15 December 2008 7.51pm
Anyone with a car, don't bother with B&Q! I looked at the weekend and only a few deformed, wonky, sorry specimens left and no stands.
Monday 15 December 2008 9.19pm
try east street market? I got wreaths and garlands there last year, and they were quite fresh and reasonably priced. I seem to recall seeing some trees as well... Havn't been back to get the greenery yet this year.
Monday 15 December 2008 9.36pm
We bought ours at Roots & Shoots, not quite SE1 but worth a look/ring them, they are in between Walnut Tree Walk and Fitzalan Street SE11. We bought a 1.8m tree for 37.
No connection etc, happy with our tree!
Tuesday 16 December 2008 7.31am
I gave up on trees many years ago as I couldn't deal with the guilt of seeing them abandoned so soon after the event. Thinking laterally I wondered whether it mattered what was covered in lights, tinsel, etc and so I used an old school chair. Festooned with a collection of three assorted types of lights, chunky tinsel, fake snow and ice it looks absolutely the business and proved a major success with friends. On a practical note it provides a three tier platform for presents between the floor, the seat and leg supports.
Tuesday 16 December 2008 1.06pm
How about going to Columbia Roead Market - I got my 6ft tree with a reuseable stand for 32.50. Get a friend with a car to take you.
they are open on Sunday.

Sam
ADT
Tuesday 16 December 2008 1.07pm
The greengrocer and the florist on Great Suffolk Street both have trees for sale.
Tuesday 16 December 2008 4.02pm
The guy at Borough Market, next stall on from Elsey & Bent, has reduced his prices today. He's generally more negotiable on price anyway but he's now selling some of his 45 trees for 25.
jw
Tuesday 16 December 2008 11.33pm
ADT wrote:
The greengrocer and the florist on Great Suffolk Street both have trees for sale.

Agree - got a great tree from here for second year running and only 30 (and huge!)

He gets deliveries every day I think but only has a small selection so best to get in quick - or go in and reserve one

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: