Small party/gathering!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 16 December 2008 6.55pm
Hi can anyone recommend a venue where I can reserve an area - or if the venue is 'cosy' enough hire a room/bar etc for a going away do where about 20 to 30 people would come? It would be a Saturday nightin January and ideally near London bridge/Waterloo/The Cut/Bankside?

Thanks!
Tuesday 16 December 2008 7.07pm
The Toulouse Lautrec bar has a lovely room downstairs for private parties. And the Royal Oak a nice room upstairs...
Wednesday 17 December 2008 1.55pm
The River Bar on Tower Bridge Rd has a surprisingly nice room downstairs, and The Bridge Lounge on Tooley Street has a lovely room upstairs with views over the park to Tower Bridge. The latter would be ideal for 20 or so people.
Wednesday 17 December 2008 1.59pm
No connection but I've used the back room at the Hyde bar for a group of 20 before and that worked perfectly. That was a week night - not sure if it would be available on a Saturday, although I guess January may be quiet for them.
Wednesday 17 December 2008 2.18pm
Upstairs at the Woolpack. a great room and they will do canapes. very nice indeed
Thursday 18 December 2008 3.10am
Ruse was suggested to me from this website I held a surprise 30th and they were great. I held it on a Sat night and the venue wasn't busy but I had half of it reserved for us (30 peps). http://www.ruse.uk.com/
Thursday 18 December 2008 2.03pm
The Kings Head off Borough Hi Street has an upstairs room with bar - when I hired it (though was four years ago) you just paid a deposit (I remember it wasn't very much) and if, I think, over 20 people attend your deposit is returned. They could do food too - though I did my own.

Another alternative is The Hop Cellar in the Hope Exchange in Southwark Street (London Br end)- they'll reserve an area for you and their platters are very good - as are the staff.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: