Cat found

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 18 December 2008 9.30pm
I live in Reverdy Rd and have recently had what I assume to be a stray cat coming to my door. He turned up around 3 or 4 weeks ago and I think he may be sleeping behind the shed in the garden. He is at the back door trying to get into the house quite a lot if anyone is at home. He spends hours sat at the door looking into the house. He is very affectionate and not at all aggressive.

He is a male tabby cat with white chin and white "boots". I have checked at the vet and at various online lost pet sites and there is no cat reported missing him that looks like him. I will be taking him to the vet to see if he has a microchip.

I already have a cat so can't take him in but my parents have offered to take him on if nobody claims him. Before they take him does anyone know of any lost tabby cats in the area ?
Thursday 18 December 2008 10.23pm
I would like to say how very caring you are martinr . If I was a cat I would be so happy/lucky to have found your door. :-)
Thursday 18 December 2008 11.38pm
What a lovely thing to do, Martin - well done you.
Friday 19 December 2008 7.20am
Did someone report a missing cat on here a months or two back who was a tabby?

Well done Martin for not shooing him away..:-)
Friday 19 December 2008 10.10am
I had a cat turn up too last month. Through his microchip, I tracked down the owners who'd just had a baby and didn't want George back! I already have two cats and no more room so after a few days of having him here as a houseguest, I took him to Battersea. He was rehomed within a fortnight! He was lovely.
Friday 19 December 2008 10.56am
Just an update. I saw the other thread about a lost tabby and have PM'd johnhenry to see if his cat is still missing.

I took the cat to the vet this morning. There is no microchip. He's an unneutered male, around a year or two old. They said it's unusual to find a male that old that hasn't been castrated simply because the smell of their spray is so strong. They thought that he's either run away looking for his own patch of territory and a mate, or he's been dumped by someone who got fed up of him spraying.

They're going to neuter him today and I shall pick him up tonight and arrange for him to stay in the garden shed. I'll take him down to my parents at Christmas unless the owner comes forward.
Saturday 27 December 2008 3.30pm
Just a final update on the stray cat. I did hear from johnhenry but it appears this one wasn't the same cat as his.

I was unable to locate any owners, so the cat (now named Tommy) has started a new life with my parents. He seems extremely happy in his new home and has made the most of the festive season by demolishing all the turkey leftovers.
Sunday 28 December 2008 2.11pm
Congratulations martinr, that was very kind of you to do all of this.
Sunday 28 December 2008 11.47pm
Great to hear a story with a happy ending - sounds like the cat will be very contented with your parents. My parents have got three rescued cats living happily with them!
Monday 29 December 2008 1.39am
A VERY Happy, Healthy and, dare I say, Prosperous New Year to you, martinr - and to Tommy & your parents :-)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: