Tooley Street Friday night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 20 December 2008 11.28am
Does anyone know what all the police tape and road closure on Tooley Street last night was all about?

Related news & features

Saturday 20 December 2008 11.36am
A stabbing around the end of Bermondsey Street according to the PC that I spoke to. Don't know any more details yet.
Saturday 20 December 2008 11.50am
A little bit of info:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3674

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 20 December 2008 1.43pm
Its getting awful around here.
Saturday 20 December 2008 5.32pm
We Were on a RV 1 going towards Tower Bridge, last night at about 10.30-11.30 pm, when three silly drunk young women got on the bus near the Tate/ new Office building/ cafe district and then one of them argued for about 10-15 mins with the Driver when he heard over his radio that Tooley street was shut. She wanted her 90p back. I think he was trying to explain to wait for a RV1 following behind who would know the diverted route. She then fell backwards on to the pavement and thankfully stopped whining and stumbled off with one of her friends. The Bus Driver behaved admirally as the information unfolded on his radio especially when a middle aged man called him a f.....g fool for turning onto London Bridge where in fact another RV1 was waiting for our Driver, instead of right into Tooley street. I hope these people are ashamed of themselves.
Meanwhile a security Guard at Hay's Galleria said he believed there had been a stabbing, but he was waiting for Police to come to see a fellow guard who had been "Right-handed". All the buses coming along Tooley St seemed to be affected, I do not know if one was affected by the incident, the area opposite the Hilton was cordoned off and lots of Police doing their job.
Sunday 21 December 2008 5.53pm
Blimey, that explains the chaos. Thanks, peeps, I was only being nosey :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network