Underground Vaults

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 22 December 2008 9.12pm
Hi Thanks for all the ideas
First to answer a couple of questions its for an art event that has more of a festival feel to it. www.illuminievent.co.uk.

The Crypt at St Pancras I have already used thats where the last event was.

Yes I have looked at london dungeons not really suited as really need a empty space. The clink i have contacted several times no answer guess they dont like the idea.

Thanks for other ideas will look into those. If anyone can think of any other underground locations would like to come over to SE1 area but would consider any where in London.

Yes the Shunt Vaults is amazing I only found it this year gutted its going.

Thanks again to everyone that replied much appreciated. keep any other ideas flowing .
Happy Hols

Illumini
Tuesday 23 December 2008 10.10am
Not underground but a good sized space is the Boilerhouse in the Trueman Buildings, Brick Lane.

Or, if you can persuade Tate, the old oil tanks under Tate Modern - they'll be incorporated into the new extension of Tate Modern but you never know - they might hire out the space in the meantime. I went on a tour down there not long ago - think it was a one off weekend of tours - an amazing space.
Tuesday 23 December 2008 10.36am
Hi Illumini
Have you tried the space currently occupied by the Southwark Playhouse? one of their first productions in the venue (labyrinthine tunnels and railway arches under London Bridge station) used large areas of the space for Heloise & Abelard as different settings and to keep the audience moving, so it might be ideal for you.

I don't know if it's available to hire, but probably best to contact Ellie Jones who is the Artistic Director there - Tel: 020 7407 0234.
There maybe an email address on the website www.southwarkplayhouse.co.uk
Tuesday 23 December 2008 12.47pm
could it not be a railway arch? where the se1 party was for example..or Guys had a crypt bar where the mortuary was, we went to a do there about ten years ago, it had large vaulted ceilings.
Saturday 27 December 2008 12.38pm
Thanks day after boxing day and im off to explore some of what you have mentioned, thanks guys. What a fantastic forum and a real feel of a community. SE1 seems like the perfect place for next event. Where I live in east end i can not imagine anyone replying to this, and there is not even a forum like this anyway.
So thanks for info so far. If anyone has anything else to add please go ahead the more ideas the better.
Cheers and happy new year.
Thursday 1 January 2009 12.39pm
Slightly off-topic from the original request - but following the mentions of the Shunt Vaults - I see that Shunt has applied for a licence for the warehouse just north of Delfina on Bermondsey Street.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 11 February 2009 3.53pm
Tolstoy wrote:
I love that little door, so under-stated and gives nothing away. I suggest you pay it a visit before it closes Mini, one of London's unique venues.

I agree. I went for the first itme last month and it's really quite something. Not to be missed!

S

Thursday 12 February 2009 11.40am
illumini - did you find a suitable space???
Thursday 12 February 2009 8.03pm
Hi Mini
No not yet Keep coming to a dead end cant find owners, or if I do they say no or if they do say yes to expensive or not the right type of location ie modernised. I want a rustic space. Any ideas?
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network