Pub for New Years Eve

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 December 2008 3.44am
My friends and I want to try to see the Fireworks near the London Eye this year. We've decided to try and go to the area around Westminster to see the Fireworks but we need a place to gather from about 7pm onwards - probably stay there 2 or 3 hours max before heading off to the London Eye area. Does anyone have any suggestions for nearby pub close to Westminster Bridge that also serves reasonably priced food and big enough for a group of 15 to 20 people?
Monday 22 December 2008 9.24am
I doubt you will get into any pubs in that area on new years eve they will either be closed or ticket only - the ones that are open will be packed - you may be better off trying a resturant if want to eat as well
Monday 22 December 2008 12.37pm
The whole area surrounding the eye gets extremely packed from very early on and chances are even if you do manage to buy tickets for space in a nearby pub you won't be able to get to the pub because of the police barriers and crush. You'd be better off having a good walk around the area now to see where you can get a good view of the wheel from much further away. We tried one year to watch from one of the platforms at Charing Cross - having caught the 11:50 train from London Bridge - alas great pains are taken to clear the platforms and shut the station until after the fireworks - otherwise it would have a fantastic view of the wheel.
Monday 22 December 2008 4.06pm
Does anyone know any pubs around Blackfriars Road which are open mid-afternoon on Christmas Eve and at lunchtime on Christmas Day.

thanks.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: