Honest Local Plumber...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 23 December 2008 7.15am
does anyone know of one? we just need a cupboard removed and a dishwasher plumbed in, just want an honest quote.

Thanks
Wednesday 24 December 2008 11.31am
I used a guy called John Smithers who is a local plumber. He was excellent and I couldn't recommend him highly enough. Fixed a leak for me that had caused damage. Came out twice, once to fix the leak and the other to make good the tiling etc and for all that he charged me 170 which I thought was really good considering a call out plumber charges 100 before even looking at the problem!

Phone # 0207 252 1739 (m) 07796 832 046
Sunday 28 December 2008 4.26pm
If you use the search facility for just "plumber" you'll find a number of threads where this has been asked before.
Sunday 28 December 2008 4.28pm
There is also an aggregated list of links to threads about plumbers here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/trades/plumbers

(see http://www.london-se1.co.uk/trades for other trades)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 28 December 2008 4.36pm
You are just so efficient and helpful, James!
Zoe
Sunday 28 December 2008 5.26pm
Which-local has good recommendations for this company, which might be more useful for you, as you need a cupboard removed as well.

0800 Handyman Ltd.
Commodore House
Juniper Drive
London
SW18 1TW
0800 426 396
http://www.0800handyman.co.uk/

You could probably plumb the dishwasher in yourself, I understand it's very similar to plumbing in a washing machine. I haven't done it myself (I'm not allowed to order another dishwasher after ordering one which was the wrong size, Mr Zoe was most upset), but I found plumbing in the washing machine very easy, and I'm pretty useless.

If you go to the hardware store on Lower Marsh, they will find what you need and give instructions. I recently took in the inner bit of a tap that must have been leaking for two or three years (I know, it's terible, I just couldn't get around to doing anything about it), and they found what I wanted, and didn't laugh when I asked if it was the right piece, as it looked so different. They patiently explained that the extra bit on the tap was the washer, which had completely gone on my tap...it explained why it had been spurting hot water everyhere.
Tuesday 30 December 2008 2.34pm
I can also recommend David 07748711644, he's done a fair bit of work for me.

I think I had John Smitters in to do some gas line work a few months back too.

No compaints about either of them.
Friday 2 January 2009 7.21am
thanks everyone for your replies, will follow some of these leads, cheers :)
Monday 26 January 2009 7.48pm
hi, if anyone knows of a good honest one that is free in the next 2 days, for a toilet problem, please let me know, before I begin ringing all the recommendations on here. many thanks.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: