Idiot Drivers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 25 December 2008 10.08am
In the faint hope that the idiot concerned looks at this forum:

Why did you feel inclined at about 1.00am on Christmas Day to drive so fast along Long Lane? I was doing a confortable 30 mph and you (in your big silver saloon) swept past at about 60 (yes, sixty), braked hard into Bermondsey Street then right again into Decima Street. That manoeuvre got you home about 10 seconds quicker than if you had been sensible and slower. Was it really worth it? Would you have missed a drunk on the crossing? Would you have seen a cyclist without lights? Words fail me (well, polite ones, anyway).

The sooner you lose your licence and car, the better for yourself and all of us.
Saturday 27 December 2008 2.31pm
Idiot drivers doing a right off Long Lane into Decima St is a huge problem. Being resident on Decima St I have raised the issue several times with Cllr Tim McNally (Lib Dem). To his credit he did arrange a traffic monitoring device about a year and a half ago and does agree that something needs to be done but I guess we need to wait for a fatality before the council actually does something about it. I suppose if more locals emailed him it might put on more pressure?
Saturday 27 December 2008 2.58pm
From memory I am unaware of any sign stopping traffic turning right into Decima Street (or is it Wilds Rents here?) from Long Lane? Am I not remembering correctly? Is the issue here speeding on Long Lane or the one way system in use on Wilds Rents/ Decima Street here? Speeding on Long Lane is an issue but I don't see that turning legally right into a side road as an issue, there are several such junctions on Long Lane.
Saturday 27 December 2008 4.04pm
Jerry wrote:
From memory I am unaware of any sign stopping traffic turning right into Decima Street (or is it Wilds Rents here?) from Long Lane? Am I not remembering correctly?

Jeez - I hope I am far away when you drive thru there with your current "memory"
Saturday 27 December 2008 5.21pm
Turning off Long Lane into Wilds Rents then onto Decima St isnt illegal. Driving through a 20mph controlled zone at excess speed through a residential street that contains a blind bend is not only illegal but also dangerous selfish and disrespectful to the people who live in the area.
Sunday 28 December 2008 4.34pm
The issue is speed. My passenger is a gentle person who was quite frightened by this idiot, and I resent having lives endangered by such actions, especially at 1.00am on Christmas Day!

Speeding often happens in Bermondsey Street heading north. Perhaps we should start naming and shaming on this forum?

NB re my original complaint, I was travelling east along Long Lane and the subject prat turned right into Bermondsey Street and the right again into Decima Street beside the newsagents.
Monday 29 December 2008 9.32am
Turning into Decima Street at speed he must have been drunk/medicated etc. thats a tight turn; Long Lane especially near the Simon is very narrow and a bend. We need more speed cameras and cct just there i think.

What a anus hole the driver of the silver car was.
Monday 5 January 2009 12.11am
Decima Street is not suitable for the speed of traffic that drives down through there. We need to stop rat-running and I have tasked officers to implement traffic calming measures in Decima Street using the Section106 planning gain we obtained for residents.

I hope we can see a scheme coming forward soon for the reduction of speed of traffic in Decima Street.

Tim
Monday 5 January 2009 2.55pm
And any chance from the council to install Pelican crossings where the existing zebra ones are placed in Long Lane? At least, pedestrians won't have to risk their lives when crossing. We usually have to see cars not respecting the zebra crossings due to their high speed. Last Year a lorry crashed into a lamp post as well as a cyclist got hit by a car nearby the junction of Long Lane with Wild Rents, what will happen next?
Tuesday 6 January 2009 2.40pm
hey i live in scotland and where i live is on bike street and every sunday car go fleeing through my mate has a 1 year old bby and as we where crossing the road she was hit in my view there should be a naming and shaming policy in force dont u agree

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: