Happy New Year - and a resolution for us all in 2009?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 31 December 2008 10.48am
Firstly, Happy New Year everyone! And many thanks to everyone who has taken part in the forum during 2008.

And special thanks to everyone who was involved in the memorable 10th birthday events for this website back in September.

As we start 2009, please may I make a small plea for us all to make a renewed effort to restore/enhance the friendly atmosphere this forum used to be known for, but which has diminished in recent times?

Please can we all try to make sure that the forum is welcoming for new (and not so new) users.

Looking back over the years there has always been robust debate on this forum, but recently some threads have been getting too hot-headed too quickly - and some regular users tell me this has either driven them away or put them off from joining in for the first time - which is a real shame.

I am absolutely 100 per cent committed to the idea that this forum should be a place where local residents, workers and others with an interest in the area's past, present and future all feel welcome to take part and share local information.

I hope that other share that vision.

Best wishes for 2009

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 31 December 2008 11.11am
Happy New Year Everyone. Thanks James for the continued hard work on the Forum.
Wednesday 31 December 2008 12.01pm
Yes a very very Happy New Year to everyone and especially James and his helpers for making this such an interesting, helpful and stimulative place to be. See you all in 2009.
Wednesday 31 December 2008 12.20pm
Here here - Happy New Year to everyone and thank you to James for the forum and your father for InSE1. I wonder how many other London boroughs have such luxuries.
Wednesday 31 December 2008 5.21pm
And again, say I. Many thanks James and Co. A Happy and Healthy New Year to one and all x
Thursday 1 January 2009 1.56pm
Happy New Year from the middle of the Atlantic and I'm sure all of you are well into your New Year hangover by now...we are..um...a lot of hours behind you. Yes, dear Se1 and James and all of you who have truly enriched our lives, may 2009 be a year of stimulation, civilised discussion, helpful information, and continued cameraderie. RaRa, Go Se1!!!!
Friday 2 January 2009 2.48am
A very Happy New Year to all!
Friday 2 January 2009 10.06am
Hope everyone had a good NYE, and all the best to you all for 2009.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 2 January 2009 3.44pm
Happy New Year to all. This site has given me such good advice about Se1 in general, i've enjoyed many a good meal on the advice of others on here, got a free cocktail, and found out about great events. I lived in camberwell for over 20 years and never felt involved in my community as much as i have in my 2 years in Se1, so thankyou everyone :O)
Monday 5 January 2009 12.43pm
Hear hear.

Happy New Year to all.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: