MOT

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 31 December 2008 3.31pm
Hi

Can anyone recommend an MOT centre?
Wednesday 31 December 2008 5.13pm
Friend of mine get her MOTs done by Abbey Motors - they seem like an OK outfit.

I don't work there, etc
Wednesday 31 December 2008 6.03pm
Thanks
Thursday 1 January 2009 2.30am
Recommend Millennium Garages. Fantastic garage with great service and genuine people running it.

When I used to live outside SE1 would always take my cars down to them. Any garage in the Good Garage guide I would say is worth visiting.

For reference, I am only a happy punter there... I do not work for them etc.
Friday 2 January 2009 3.41pm
We always use Blue Anchor Garage off St James Road. They fit you in within a day or so and if any work needs doing it doesn't cost the earth. We've been going to them for 5 years - no connection just a happy customer.
Saturday 3 January 2009 8.35pm
Hi

Thanks to all that replied; ended up at Abbey Motors as couldn't get a reply to Blue or Millenium and was desperate for MOT (forgot it had elapsed). Seem to have gotten a very good service. Had very little contact with the MOT people but the owner of the garage, a bloke called John, seemed very pleasant and honest. He said he's only taken over the garage a year ago and that it had a really bad reputation for dodgy work e.g. just cleaning spark plugs and then charging the customer for new ones, and that he is trying to build it back up again. I failed my MOT and considering it was 2pm when it happened he managed to get the parts needed and the work done by 4pm and kept me informed every part of the way. A good experience and I wish him well.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network