Anyone know of any art or dance classes/groups in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 6 January 2009 12.22am
Hi there just wondering if there are any afternoon/ evening art classes in the area.I feel i should be doing more with my spare time!

I'd also be interested in a local Tap dancing class if there is one as I'd like to start dancing again but i'd rather not go to the big commercial studios in the West End.

Thanks
Tuesday 6 January 2009 8.53am
Have you looked at Morley College they do art classes
Tuesday 6 January 2009 8.59pm
I was thinking of taking art classes as well - Morley College looks quite interesting, thanks dee dee! However the only art class provided early 2009 is clay techniques....
I would expect that maybe in the Bermondsey Street area there are local artists who would be interested in giving classes, anyone out there....?
Tuesday 6 January 2009 9.37pm
I just found a website of a studio in New Cross(not sure if this is still SE1 though...), seems like a great idea for someone who just wants to try - painting "pay as you go" - an interesting concept!

http://web.mac.com/nickmaloneart/londonartclasses/Home.html
Tuesday 6 January 2009 11.00pm
New Cross studio looks good but 25 is that per person, per class!
Blimey maybe I should set up my own art classes if i can charge that.Last time i did an evening class (stained glass) it was about 5 a class but then that wasn't in London!...And you didn't get an Brie and grapes!
Thursday 8 January 2009 3.22pm
shoggy wrote:

I'd also be interested in a local Tap dancing class if there is one as I'd like to start dancing again but i'd rather not go to the big commercial studios in the West End.

Thanks

Me too! I've never danced before in my life and would love to learn tap, but being ungainly and lumpy, I really don't fancy learning with lots of msall stage-schooly children. Not having a lot of luck, though.
Thursday 8 January 2009 3.34pm
As dee dee said, Morley College does classes. You can download the dance courses pdf here. Its fifty quid (maximum) for ten weeks, so a fiver per class!
Thursday 8 January 2009 3.47pm
Beetroot - sorry - I assumed that the Morley College link was specifically for art classes. Many thanks.
Thursday 8 January 2009 4.41pm
s'ok. welcome
Monday 12 January 2009 5.53pm
Check out Siobhan Davies Studios as well. My beloved goes there for Pilates - but I know they do dance. I 'keep meaning' to go.
Sue
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: