Do Lambeth want us to help improve the area or not!!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 6 January 2009 11.11pm
I have just opened my own business a month ago, but I still can't get my head around whether Lambeth want the businesses in the area to help improve Lambeth.

First I was blackmailed to purchase Lambeth bins which I refused because they are always dirty, unlockable and far too expensive. So I chose PHS bins. Then some guy from Lambeth comes with a suit and tie and fines us because we didn't use Lambeth bins and claiming it will ruin the area. I was forced to placed these bins 1 metre away in front of the doors of my restaurant, luckily they are clean. However to fine us 120 is a joke compared to the amount of rubbish I see everyday next to Lambeth bins just 10 metres away. What do you think you would do?

P.S. I am paying going to pay them 15,000 in business rate each year.
Wednesday 7 January 2009 12.13pm
what was the actual reason for the fine? do they not work as well with their lorries?

If you pay for a private waste collection then how can Lambeth fine/charge you?

good luck and suggest writing to your councillor.
Wednesday 7 January 2009 4.04pm
They fined us because the bins we hired didn't belong to Lambeth. Yet when Lambeth issued the fine they classified the fine as Poorly Maintained Waste Bins.....they were brand new.
Wednesday 7 January 2009 5.13pm
Why don't you take some photos and forward them to your councillor?
Wednesday 7 January 2009 9.27pm
I have taken plenty of photos, both on bins and parking. yeah opened another thread on parking. After giving them just under 25 photos of other peoples rubbish they have done nothing for 3 weeks. So because I have a collection the day after I threw them in my private bins. As much as I shouldn't I don't want this to spoil my image of my new restaurant.

I have seen a glass door clearly written Teleline, the name of a local business in the area, it was dumped there and nothing was done about it for 1 1/2 weeks.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: