Cricketer's Court, parking nightmare

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 6 January 2009 11.26pm
Would you pay 1000 a year to park in a car park which is badly governed?

It is the only car park that is fairly close to my business. The invoice for the permit always arrives on time. Nearly everytime I go to work it is often difficult to park, mostly because Lambeth has refused to repair the gate entrance and the clamping company is useless. Most of the people who park there are taxi drivers coming to eat or collect their take aways. Personally I don't really have a problem with them, but can't they park on the 20min parking bay or at least park properly inside the parking area.

I find it terrible that I have to pay to park yet cannot park. I have had my vehicle clamped twice and towed once quite simply because I cannot park. Yet when I have parked I am blocked in because of illegal parking. I was made to wait 2 hours because the clamping company didn't arrive to remove the obstructing vehicle even having called them 5 times.#

When can Lambeth provide a service to the businesses and services in the area? Lambeth slapped a 60 fine on the 29th of December saying I needed a special permit to park in the car park. They have no common sense or form of intelligence to see that they ought to have told the permit holders of this in advanced.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: