Shad Thames Muggings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 7 January 2009 3.52pm
Hello all

I thought I should just warn everyone living in the Shad Thames area that there have, apparently, been a spate of muggings here recently. This information came to me from an Ocado delivery driver who told me that he was mugged in Shad Thames at 5pm a couple of weeks ago. The muggers (3 of them) were black men and looked to be in their twenties. They threatened him with a knife and took his bag, which contained an ipod etc.

He reported it to the police, but to no avail.

The delivery driver also said that other drivers had been mugged recently in the side streets off Shad Thames either for shopping or for their own bags. He said that he thinks they are professional thieves. He also said that Ocado is considering stopping deliveries in the area.

I'm afraid that's all the information I have, so please take care!
Wednesday 7 January 2009 4.31pm
Does anyone know if Tesco has resumed deliveries in the SE1 2 sector after they stopped 2 years ago?
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2594

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 10 January 2009 4.38am
I have spoken to Riverside Police about the Ocado mugging and they confirmed that they have NOT received any report of this particular incident.

If anyone has any information can they please report it to them?

Contact details are available from www.ShadThames.org Links>>Police
Saturday 10 January 2009 11.08am
Hi J - please see private email to address you provided.
Best wishes, E
Saturday 10 January 2009 12.57pm
JGriffiths, I have called the police, both local and emergency several times in one evening because each said the other was the right number to call. A neighbour called them about the same incident several times. The next day she called again since no police arrived and they said no call had been received at all. My point being that the driver may well have called them since Southwark police are liars.
Saturday 10 January 2009 1.25pm
@ James Hatts:

Tesco only stopped delivering after 6pm in the evening, they will still deliver during the day and up until 6pm in the area. I believe that this (6pm) is still the latest slot but someone could correct me
Saturday 10 January 2009 6.17pm
I have spoken to both Tesco & Ocado today. Tesco confirmed that the latest delivery is 5pm while Ocado confirmed theirs is 11pm.

www.ShadThames.org
Sunday 11 January 2009 11.16pm
The police are all busy looking after the film crews.
Monday 12 January 2009 6.20pm
Further to my notice of 10 January, Tesco have confirmed that there are no plans to review their 5pm delivery time restrictions to the 'SE1 2' area.

They confirmed that the restrictions have been imposed due to attacks on vans in Camberwell.

Further information can be obtained from: customer.service@tesco.co.uk

www.ShadThames.org
Monday 12 January 2009 10.40pm
"They confirmed that the restrictions have been imposed due to attacks on vans in Camberwell."

Just curious - what's that got to do with SE1 2**? ...

Did they have a problem in Camberwell (BTW I live in a reasonably dodgy part of Camberwell, and Tesco makes the full range of deliveries to my postcode, or at least it did the last time I looked) and pick out a few places they thought they'd have similar problems, selecting those postcode areas for restricted delivery hours?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: