Furniture shops

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 19 January 2004 11.52am
Anyone know of any furniture/fabric shops in SE1 where I can get a cube-shaped beanbag - suitable for use as a footstool?

I've seen them, so I know they exist. I could do with either white, cream or lilac...
Tuesday 20 January 2004 3.59am
How about the shopnin H0pton ST, near Tate m - CALLED fUrniture union.

K
jan
Tuesday 20 January 2004 7.11am
james last year woolworths had a brown leather ( ish) one .

and the porcine element takes to the sky...
Tuesday 20 January 2004 8.04am
Furniture Union has some lovely stuff. But their service is appalling. I live 50 yards away and it took them ages to deliver some shelves (paid for) that had been sitting in their warehouse for several weeks. Got fobbed off and lied to on a daily basis by their head office. Shame. Nice staff locally, garbage management structure.
Tuesday 20 January 2004 8.55am
Well I work directly opposite Furniture Union and have had a nose through the window before going into work, and I couldn't see anything like what I was looking for. Plus, they look a little overpriced for the stuff they sell.

Thank you for that suggestion, but does anyone know anywhere slightly less trendy (I might give Woolies a go)...???
Tuesday 20 January 2004 9.12am
Argous?
Tuesday 20 January 2004 9.15am
Tried Argos. They don't have what I'm looking for. I've tried the Index catalogue too...
Tuesday 20 January 2004 9.43am
I'm sure Next have that sort of thing as well. Don't know of one in SE1 though....
Tuesday 20 January 2004 10.27am
Ah - one of my fav subjects - home furnishings...

How much do you want to spend ?

Cargo do a fabric cube which is quite squishy and comfy to sit on for 69 - there is always loads more in the store than on the website and I have found their furniture to be good quality for the price.

You can have a similar thing in corderoy from here for 79 including delivery

Ocean do one in suede for a much more pricey 145. See
here and search for the keyword "cube".

My fav though has to be the ridiculously priced designer one (in white tho') here

Tuesday 20 January 2004 11.10am
Harriet,

I'm glad I've picked one of your favourite subjects. However, (and I'm sorry to do this to a woman of taste) my style is more the Changing Rooms kinda thing (cheap and cheerful), and you may have to tone down the expense a little!

I have seen cubes for around 20-30 online, but then it's another 10-15 p+p 'cos of their size, and I'd rather go get it myself to save the money. Basically, the cube is for a small, simple room, will only have feet on it, and as much as I like the bar cube too, simplicity is my key word!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: