Tooley Street Terrace

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 9 January 2009 9.42pm
Has anyone heard what shops are likely to occupy the commercial units in the newly refurbished Tooley Street Terrace on the edge of the More London development? Similarly what about the units either side of the new Southwark Council offices opposite? They all look like they are almost complete and ready for tenants.

Would be nice to get some life back into the buildings after the great make-over they have had.
Sunday 11 January 2009 9.19am
The problem is that there are no tenants at the moment.
Sunday 11 January 2009 10.50am
Has anyone heard what shops are likely to occupy the commercial units

It'll be the usual mix of chains assuming anyone actually moves into the development.
Sunday 11 January 2009 12.17pm
I walked past this morning. The unit on the corner, where St John's Tavern use to be - now just an empty area with big windows. I remember that pub - pool table, dart board, film posters on the ceiling. Looking at the space - how on earth did it all fit in?? 2 loos, a bar, pool, darts, booths - I reckon it was a Mark 1 Tardis.
Saturday 6 June 2009 1.27pm
The Red Bull Company (yes, the caffeine drink people) have put in a planning application for The Terrace:

"Use of 155-171 Tooley Street for offices (Class B1) on the first, second, third and fourth floors with multi use (Sui Generis) on part ground floor and basement for exhibitions, gallery, product launches, presentations, competitions, cafe/bar and similar functions and including office reception area on ground floor at 169 Tooley Street and ancillary offices/multi-use area on ground floor at no. 171"

http://tinyurl.com/redbull-tooleystreet

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 6 June 2009 1.56pm
The Buildings on Tooley St should have been the
start of the regeneration , not the end of it.
Tuesday 16 June 2009 3.15pm
Docs are now online: http://tinyurl.com/redbull-tooleystreet

"The multi use space on the part ground and basement level will provide a unique facility within Southwark. Arranged over two levels, the acommodation and its linear frontage to Tooley Street will provide a "window to the world" for Red Bull. The main use of the space will be for exhibitions and events, but other functions will include presentations, lectures, receptions and product launches. The space will also accommodate a cafe/bar facility."

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 16 June 2009 4.31pm
Great! Red Bull's idea will provide a facility of loads more use to local residents and workers than the Post Office, pub and grocery store which used to occupy the 'Tooley Street Terrace'.
JQL
Thursday 18 June 2009 10.16pm
Does this not fly completely in the face of Southwark Council's desire for an active street frontage on Tooley Street? An exhibition for Red Bull Cans? Let me see, here is the 250 ml can and now marvel at the wonder of the 325 ml can and the ill fated cola can. I would be surprised if the cafe/bar element is anything more than a nod to planning and will not be of any benefit to anyone other than used as function space for Red Bull's offices.

Anyway I suppose it is better than Chicken Sizzler opposite which also has a planning application at the council at the moment having been trading without permission for years. They are asking for permission to have a take away at 128 Tooley Street.
Friday 19 June 2009 8.30am
An exhibition on photography of the red bull air races would be pretty cool. And also the event they have in Hyde Park's serpentine where people turn themselves into non-flying craft and run off a ramp into the river.

There's more to red bull than cans!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: