The Bill - Filming in Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 11 January 2009 1.36pm
I have been told that there is a plan for "The Bill" to film a car chase in Bermondsey Street (and Tanner Street?) on Sunday Jan 18th, from 8.00am to 4.00pm.

Does anyone have any more details, especially of the extent of interruption to traffic and even pedestrians?

I know they should have permission from the Southwark Council Film Office, but the way these things work is that the film-makers treat this permission as a carte-blanche right to restrict pedestrians and vehicles as they wish, and to block the road for as long as they want, when they want.
Sunday 11 January 2009 6.47pm
Cheer up, it might be fun to watch!
Sunday 11 January 2009 7.42pm
And there'll be lots to add to the 'celebrities-spotted-in-se1' thread
Sunday 11 January 2009 8.57pm
The Bill filmed near us last year. It was fine. The crew was friendly, and there was no problem with pedestrian access (95% of the time, the cameras aren't actually rolling). They've been shooting on location in London for years, they know what they're doing.
Sunday 11 January 2009 10.57pm
Richard Stompidou wrote:
The Bill filmed near us last year. It was fine. The crew was friendly, and there was no problem with pedestrian access (95% of the time, the cameras aren't actually rolling). They've been shooting on location in London for years, they know what they're doing.

+1

In the dark time that we lived outside SE1 for a short spell, they used to film around us frequently, and it was never a bother.

Given that they are public roads, and that permission to film (?surely?)doesn't give them the right to remove you from the public highway, why not take a picnic and get yourself on telly?

(How about doing an outdoor S&B on B St that day? It might be quite surreal if all the bystanders were knitting. The Buillotine.)

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 11 January 2009 11.13pm
We've had film crews down on Neckinger several times this year. If you want a policeman that's where there are. Stopping the traffic for the film crews.

We had a whole bunch of barking dogs down here for what felt like forever the other week and you couldn't park or drive down the street.
Monday 12 January 2009 1.14am
Don't know about other film makers, but the Bill are very good at filming with a minimum of disruption and are usually very courteous to residents and bystanders. I like the idea of taking my knitting down there and watching! I often bore my flatmate rigid with pointing out locations on the Bill (ooh look! there's where my Nan lived!)
Monday 12 January 2009 10.35am
I love the fact that SE1 is used so extensively for filming and especially enjoy seeing recognisable sites in Bermondsey during Spooks.

Can somebody please try and find out when they will be screening the episode with this car chase in?

Thanks.
Jac
Monday 12 January 2009 12.08pm
carmenes82 wrote:
I love the fact that SE1 is used so extensively for filming and especially enjoy seeing recognisable sites in Bermondsey during Spooks.

Couldn't agree more. I have some great pics of my kids standing next to the triple decker purple Knight bus used in the Harry potter film, some years ago. I never cease to find it fascinating to see what goes into the making of films and TV. And whilst it fun location spotting it is also amazing, how a street that I think I know well can be made to look unrecognisable in a film with just a few props. Ive never seen a car chase filmed shame i wont be around sunday:(
Monday 12 January 2009 2.26pm
The main character from Demons 'lives' in the Alaska buildings. Quite a few shots of the outside etc- they were filming there last year (upset a few people mind). Still bit average drama though...although I fast forwarded it to the Alaska bits, so probably didnt do it huge justice
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: