No O2 Reception in Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Friday 16 January 2009 4.46pm
Just moved to Shad Thames and find out that I am getting no O2 reception on my iPhone. Is there anyone else facing this problem?
O2 tells me if there are more than 2 people with the problem they can send network engineers to correct the issue. Please respond asap.
Thanks
Friday 16 January 2009 5.48pm
It has long been thus for o2 in shad thames. Just goes to show that the Future's Bright, the Future's.......Orange.
Saturday 17 January 2009 4.22pm
Yet another reason why we need a Bill of Rights in the UK.

More helpfully, there's also a Shad Thames forum (people have linked to it in discussions on here, or I suppose Google may help you). Might it be an idea to see if you could find another 02-less resident via there? Good luck (and welcome).

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 19 January 2009 2.48pm
I've been living here for 9 years now and there's no reception in half my flat. As soon as I go to the back towards Shad Thames there's nothing. It's OK by the river, but that's no help really, is it???

Are they really going to come and look into it???
Monday 19 January 2009 4.34pm
Probably need some more base staions...but getting permission for them is a problem these days.

As an aside to this I hear Orange and Vodafone are going to start sharing their base staions in the UK and this should roll out during 2009, so with their combined coverage hopefully they will (jointly) offer by far the best service.
Tuesday 20 January 2009 6.38pm
Same problem here. I've been with O2 for years, in the the last two reception has become much more sporadic - ie useless for business calls - in Lafone Street.
Tuesday 20 January 2009 7.41pm
Agree with all the above. o2 is rubbish in shad thames....
Wednesday 21 January 2009 8.25am
Let's not just accept that O2 reception here is crap and that's that. On there website they show our area to have excellent coverage and that's what we should get. I called O2 and they said they need two people with names post code and phone numbers who confirm the network issue and then they can send in their engineers. I need at least one of u to give those details and we can then have O2 come here. Please resond asap

I am happy to pass my number and post code if anyone else wants to take this forward
Wednesday 21 January 2009 10.17am
I spoke to a very helpful O2 person.He has passed this thread on to his engineers but also re-iterated that as many people as possible should contact them, not just two.Apparently we are near a 2g transmitter but not a 3g one. He said that if anyone is using an iphone to turn the 3g setting off and this might help (settings-general-networks)
Wednesday 21 January 2009 11.44am
Pradyuman or Frederick, could you let me have the contact details and I'll contact O2 also?

Thanks for the iPhone info I'll try that.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: