Helicopters early Monday am

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 19 January 2009 1.18pm
Did anyone hear a helicopter, or a number of them, around 4.30 this morning (Monday 19th) around the Shad Thames area. I was kept awake for ages - seemed like 30 mins, prabably 10 or so by chopper-like noise.
Monday 19 January 2009 2.11pm
I was woken at 4.10am and it just seemed to circle round making a lot of noise....what were the old bill looking for this time?
CVM
Monday 19 January 2009 2.26pm
I was woken at about 3.45 by a very low flying helicopter that was overhead for at least half an hour. I'm assuming it was the police. Either way I really tired today as I didn't get back to sleep until well after 5am.
Monday 19 January 2009 4.40pm
There was a chopper circling above Southwark Bridge Rd for about 40 minutes. There were a few police vehicles and at one point an ambulance attending what looked like a burglary at some commercial premises on Southwark Bridge Rd. After that a security company van arrived and remained with the police for a few hours.
Monday 19 January 2009 5.36pm
I live off SBR and can confirm being awoken at 3:30, still half awake at 5:30, staying in bed and arriving at work 10:15. What is almost more annoying is the audio 'afterimage' you get, whereby you still hear the bloody thing after it has gone, or at least so you think!
W&D
Tuesday 20 January 2009 9.22am
Seems to be a lot of activity above us at the Bricklayer's Arms last night and this morning. There's one hovering as I speak, and we seem to have had every aircraft in London during the night!
Tuesday 20 January 2009 10.08am
There's a helicopter most morning at around half nine. It follows the transit of prisoners in armoured vans into the courts. If you see the helicopter you can guarantee to hear sirens and see a few Range Rovers within a few minutes.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: