The Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 20 January 2004 12.13pm
Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed already (I tried to look back over the past topics, but could not find one for my question).

I have noticed a lot of people referring to the new Landmark Tower on long lane, and I have seen the contractors hoarding up around the building site on Long Lane advising of the Landmark Tower. Is this the Same Tower that is known as the shard of Glass or London Bridge Tower ( see http://www.londonbridgetower.com/ ) ?

I am confused about the shard of glass, as on the website above, the artists impression of the building looks like it is going to be located on St Thomas St (you can see the the St Thomas street side of Guys in the picture) - but I cant work out where it is going to fit in. I have just moved into Snowsfields, so both locations are close to me but I guess I have missed out on all the information that was going around during the consultation.

Thanks in advance for any info that you might be able to provide.

Glen
Tuesday 20 January 2004 12.25pm
The shard of glass is going up at London Bridge isn't it? The Long Lane one is something else I think.

Can anyone tell me where the Tabard Tower is going to be? It must be very close to the Long Lane site but I noticed that there is a very deep hole (four or five stories deep) right next to the Jam Factory now. Is it going to be here on Rothsay Street?

I know I should keep up. Do you think I'll still be able to get Channel 5 once this forest of towers has gone up around me?

Harry
Tuesday 20 January 2004 1.42pm
Is access to TV signal a human right?

discuss..
bod
Tuesday 20 January 2004 1.55pm
well funnily enough developers of tall buildings do have to guarantee continued tv reception to a similar standard to all those around who may be affected by a new building.

re: harry - tabard tower is 21 stories (maybe 28 depending on planning) to be built on the north eastern side of the tabard st. /long lane development.

shard of glass is definitely on or above london bridge.

hole next to jam factory is the beginnings of the underground car park for that development and a 4/5 story building that was going to be 'affordable housing' but now isn't.
Tuesday 20 January 2004 5.18pm
"but now isn't"?

Why is that? I've been suspicious about that place ever since it "burned down".

Thanks for the info though.
Tuesday 20 January 2004 11.19pm

hmmm, access to tv signal is possibly a curse - that is why they are busy putting TVs into prisons - they keep people quiet (and keep us all indoors watching location, location, location...).
Wednesday 21 January 2004 12.42pm
I thought they were now building
this scheme with 24 affordable flats and 12 for sale?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: