Re: Self storage

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
crossleya Thursday 22 January 2009 10.07pm
If you're not too hung up on the storage place being just around the corner, there's a really cheap but good quality place near Brent Cross, and they do free collection from pretty much anywhere in London. They're about half the price of any of the local ones. I used them last year and they sent round a uniformed guy to help lift & shift. Their site is here

Advertisement

James Hatts Friday 23 January 2009 12.27am
[split from old thread about self-storage]

You appear to be the proprietor of this firm you are endorsing.

I recommend that you rethink your marketing strategy.

This sort of activity is illegal under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

May I suggest a read of this?
http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file46035.pdf

Particularly this section on page 12 as part of the list of banned practices:

18. A wolf in sheep's clothing
Falsely claiming or creating the impression that the trader is not acting for purposes relating to his/her trade, business, craft or profession, or falsely representing oneself as a consumer.

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
Auntie Pat Friday 23 January 2009 1.02am
Busted!
graham Friday 23 January 2009 11.52am
How long before we get a conviction?
GaryS Friday 23 January 2009 2.52pm
Nice one James. There is a good storage place by the way near B&Q and Asda just off the Old Kent Road which does not involve traipsing all the way across town to Brent Cross (perish the thought!!!)
elliot Friday 23 January 2009 3.49pm
GaryS - could you kindly provide the name of the storage place on the old kent road

Thanks
graham Friday 23 January 2009 4.26pm
It's ABC self Storage, Ossory Road, next to Asda, by Damian Hurst's place 020 7232 5690.
note I have worked there by way of delivering & collecting for clients.
Ivanhoe Friday 23 January 2009 5.13pm
Isn't there also one at the Newington Causeway end of Harper Road?

"Self Storage" always makes me think of Woody Allen's "Sleeper" ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Davies Friday 23 January 2009 10.34pm
There's a reasonable one on Grange Walk I'm told but I don't know what it's called.

And thanks James for more expert sleuthing!

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions