Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 23 January 2009 10.11am

Happened across what seems to be a decent electrician by accident (there are only 2 others recommended on the site and although I rang one of them he seemed very keen to immediately say it was a two man job etc) .

Anyway Rory is contactable on 07941753860 (insight44@yahoo.com); turnaround time for the work was excellent. I found him friendly, tidy, keen to explain what he was doing and was very satisfied with the work.
Tuesday 27 January 2009 10.28pm
Thanks for this recommendation Oirish, I used Rory this week as well on the back of this, for two jobs in my tenant's property, and the work was turned around in 24 hours, with a good quality finish on making good, and he saved me money by correcting the manufacturer's incorrect diagnosis of an electrical fault. Will definately use again.
Friday 20 February 2009 2.06pm
I followed up the recommendation of Rory for electric works.

We didn't need anything tricky doing but:

He replied to the email I sent him even tho he was away.
He turned up when he said he would.
He charged what he said he would plus parts.
He gave us the receipt for the parts (in case we needed to change them, etc) and did not charge markup on the item - there has been discussion on this topic on this forum.
He was friendly and personable.
He didn't mind our request that he take his shoes off.
He didn't make a mess.
He made good with some sealant he had brought with him some grouting he had to remove.
He lives near the Oval and uses a bike or public transport to get about locally so no stress over lack of parking or worries about getting a ticket
I'd call him again should I need an electrician.
Friday 20 February 2009 3.54pm
I'd recommend Bob Tinning, Alscot Way, just off Grange Road, 0207 237 0598. Used him twice recently, comes on time, careful job, very pleasant. No personal connection etc.
Friday 20 February 2009 6.57pm
My electric shower is a dream,
thanks to
Ritchie 07515 510 653
Saturday 28 February 2009 10.15am

We used Angelo as reconmmended on a previous thread - Angelo, 0208 761 6012 / 07850 767 283 / glennies@bigfoot.com.

We had our electric heaters replaced, Fire alarms fitted, light fixtures in the bedroom and kitchen replaced. Along with the electrics, he arranged labour for the heaters as they are so heavy - to install and remove the old ones (we bought ElkaTherm heaters and although a bit more expensive, they look fantastic, especially compared to the old storage ones we had, and so much hotter).

Angelo also recommended a firm - Selectric to suply a new cooker and hob - 020 8852 0119 - blackheath@selectric.co.uk, they were 400 cheaper than john lewis and fitted and disposed of the old oven and hob - ordered and fitted within a week.

I'd highly recommend him, and we plan to have some more stuff done soon and will use him again. Turned up when he said he would, was very personable, and cleaned up after all the work was done.

No connection to any of the above.
Saturday 28 February 2009 3.53pm
Hello SE 1
Angelo doing some work for me at the mo. I found him on this site and he is a real gem.
I've been buying and returning 'not quite right' wall lights for months.
Angelo turns up to do some work, a lovely guy cheerful and chatty. I explain the sort of thing I've been looking for and 4 days later he turns up with the perfect lights.
I highly recommend him.
Tuesday 10 March 2009 12.49pm
Good Afternoon All.

I concur with Oirish's comments.
I am also happy to recommend Rory on 07941753860 or insight44@yahoo.com

He did a number of jobs for me (rewiring boiler, fitting timers on my electric radiators and towel rails, connecting my BT phone sockets)

He arrived on time for the estimate and work.
He cleaned up after himself and did a sterling job.

Thanks Rory.
Wednesday 11 March 2009 6.00pm
I couldnt agree more regarding the comments about Rory - a very decent chap who did a great job. Highly recommended.
Friday 13 March 2009 10.16am
Rory has managed to fix the electrics in my flat after 2 previous attempts failed - turned up on time, neat, cheerful and did a great job.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: