Need to find a community room

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 23 January 2009 11.33am
Hello
I am a kinship social worker from out of the area - I am needing to find a private community room in the Bermondsey area - wondered if anyone has any ideas - preferably something small and cosy but not Starbucks .
Appreciate any ideas.
thanks
Penny
Sunday 25 January 2009 3.42pm
Avonmouth House in London SE1 is a fully accessible training, meeting and conference venue, offers a range of meeting rooms

www.etcvenues.co.uk/venues/avonmouth_house/
Monday 26 January 2009 10.08am
Hi Penny,
I'm the Sales Mgr at Avonmouth House and we have 16 rooms available to hire at reasonable rates.
Have a look on our website, or feel free to give me a call - our office is 020 7940 7370
Regards,
David Ryan
W&D
Monday 26 January 2009 10.55am
This is perhaps slightly further north than you are looking for, but Better Bankside's new offices behind Tate Modern have a community space for hire, at 20/hour for not-for-profit organisations. See the link below:

http://www.betterbankside.co.uk/community/about/bankside-community-space/
Monday 26 January 2009 11.39am
Penny is a tenants association hall not grand enough? because if cost is a problem and in this day of cutbacks if you are a social organisation paid for by taxpayers you'd get yourself a pat on the back from the general public for a cheaper room...not preaching by the way just suggesting..:-)
Monday 26 January 2009 4.32pm
Beormund Community Centre
177 Abbey St.

SE21 2AN

0207 237 9313

Main Hall (100 capacity) 25/hour

Small meeting room (10 capacity) 15/hour

Ellen Brown Community Centre

145 Grange Rd.,

Tel: 020 7525 1102
Monday 26 January 2009 4.35pm
I did not realise the Beormound was so cheap, thats a real bargain!
Joanna Foy
Thursday 16 April 2009 1.22pm
Hi Penny,
I know this is quite an old message but if you are still looking for space i know of a great room near Waterloo (i hope that's not too far) which is very reasonable. It is the community room of a sheltered housing complex for the eldery and any funds raised from the hire of the room get ploughed back in to helping them live more independently, so it has double benefit.
If you would like to discuss this further please give me a call on 02074032230 and i will put you in touch with them
Best
Jo
Monday 20 April 2009 3.40pm
W&D wrote:
This is perhaps slightly further north than you are looking for, but Better Bankside's new offices behind Tate Modern have a community space for hire, at 20/hour for not-for-profit organisations. See the link below:
http://www.betterbankside.co.uk/community/about/bankside-community-space/

Just wanted to add something to this message as Better Bankside now has a special fund that volunteer-led groups can apply to, to use Bankside Community Space at a subsidised rate or for free. You can read a news article about it here or contact me to find out more (rf@betterbankside.co.uk)
Monday 27 April 2009 2.23pm
There are a list of Tenant Assoc Halls on this link.

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/HousingandHomes/residentinvolvement/tenantshalls.html

Hope it's helpful.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: