The Marigold, SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 24 January 2009 4.04pm
I was in there last night (among other times) and I thought I would post how much I love it! Really friendly a good crowd and never to rammed to watch the footy :)
TAK
Saturday 24 January 2009 11.10pm
Funny, I was there too last night, for the first time - Bermondsey street was simply to busy for my taste.

I faintly somehow seem to remember from one of the community film project nights at Tate about a song called The Marigold grils....can anyone refresh my memory so I can link the two?

Thanks
Sunday 25 January 2009 5.07pm
The song was sung by a group of ladies in the Marigold in We Was All One, a 1971 ITV documentary shot in SE1 and narrated by the late, great Benny Green. The Tate film club has showed it a couple of times, I think.
TAK
Sunday 25 January 2009 10.48pm
Thanks aoibhneas - that's where I saw the film, just didn't remember the details anymore....
Monday 26 January 2009 10.08am
I play poker in The Marigold on a Thursday night (part of a national pub poker league), and the landlord has recently put in a pump for real ale, which he changes on a fairly regular basis. They started with Doom Bar (from Cornwall - I forget the brewery), then they had London Pride, and currently they have Tiger (again, I forget if that's the brewery name, or ale name).

I was in there last night, and there was a darts match on, and the footy highlights were on too.

In my opinion it's a lot better than it used to be.
Monday 26 January 2009 3.17pm
JonR wrote:
In my opinion it's a lot better than it used to be.

Jon. Don't tell everyone or me and my girlfriend won't be able to get seats for our usual Saturday night pint or two.

And it's Sharps Doombar & Everards Tiger, both excellent.
Monday 26 January 2009 3.37pm
sorry Ken,

A la Stadtler and Waldorf;

- It's absolutely terrible! it's the worst pub I've ever been in.
- see you here next week?
- Of course!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: