Hello:::Pub Quizzes::::

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 26 January 2009 4.17pm
Hi - would anyone know of any more pub quizzes in the SE1 area?
I know there is one run at The Southwark Tavern.

Any others would be much appreciated as I've just moved into the area.
Thanks
Monday 26 January 2009 4.54pm
The Charles Dickens on Union Street used to have one on a Wednesday night - don't know if it's still happening. Also, I think the Lord Nelson on the same street has a pub quiz, but not sure which night.
Monday 26 January 2009 5.40pm
You should check out the pub quiz thread in the socials forum, mentions a fair few of the quizes locally and there is a ready-made team to join in with too!
Monday 26 January 2009 8.39pm
Social forum pub quiz thread here (I hope): Pub quiz social
Tuesday 27 January 2009 12.10pm
im going to a Quiz nite at the Horseshoe Melior st on thurs it comes with play your cards right and is so funny your sides will hurt {if its the same as last time}Its run by a guy called Alan who works on the sight seeing buses so knows how to work the crowd!!!!! its not too serious but is alot of fun
Tuesday 27 January 2009 5.25pm
That sounds fun Jane, is it on every Thursday? (Busy this week but might like to try it in the future.)
Wednesday 28 January 2009 10.03pm
I think the Kings Arms in Tooley St has a quiz night on Mondays.

W&D
Thursday 29 January 2009 11.10am
Slightly outside SE1, but I go to the quiz on Tuesday nights at the Fentiman Arms, just opposite Oval Station. Run by a guy called Andy (?) who has perhaps the loudest voice in Christendom. First prize - which I've only ever experienced once - is dinner for four at the pub, which serves extremely good food.

I think the Roebuck on Great Dover Street has a quiz on Wednesday nights: not tried it yet, as two in two nights may be a little excessive!
Monday 2 February 2009 8.13pm
hello - definitely recommend a look at the Socials section of the forum - and the pub quiz thread. We've tried the Roebuck, got adventurous and tried Monday's in Tooley St and ocasionally Charles Dickens on Weds... Not sure where the votes are for this week... or next. Any comments / hints other quizzers??

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network