Dragon Castle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 2 February 2009 8.25pm
I think that's the problem for the OKR Dragon Inn - no one's going there! I suspect the make money from takeaways but I have never seen more than two tables full in there on an evening, and most of the time its completely empty. I think the get some business from the hotel but not enough....it's a shame because they have done it up nice.
Monday 2 February 2009 11.16pm
Dragon Castle makes standard dim sum dishes very well and the cheap prices and unlimited pot of tea always draw me back. One bit of advice, as I've recently experienced the heating issue (ranks up there as one of my worst dining out experiences): Don't go there during the winter season.
Wednesday 18 February 2009 4.31pm
Finally visited Dragon Inn on the Old Kent Road on Sunday afternoon and will definitely be visiting again.

Menu
Can't say for sure if it is the same, but the menu looks very similar to Dragon Castle with a wide range of dishes.

Food
Delicious - we had a few dim sum plates which were very good and then a sizzling plate of very tender beef with a hot black pepper sauce, some vegetables and rice.

Atmosphere
It was very quiet, with most of the other customers we saw coming in for take-away. The decor is not as lavish as the Dragon Castle (no fountain and fishpond) but it is a smaller space and they've done a nice job with the lighting and the slates.

Heat
No heat problems at the Inn - it was nice and cosy inside!
Wednesday 18 February 2009 4.34pm
Emmesse - it would be great if you could possibly post a version of your comments on Dragon Inn here too - thanks.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 19 February 2009 8.52am
Right, well as one of the ranks of the recently unemployed, I'm going to take this opportunity to have lunch there today - and will report back.
Friday 6 March 2009 10.07pm
Today, me and my partner has gone to the dragon inn, as we have been there once before on valentine day for the first time, and had a good experience with the food and service. It has a good atmosphere and busy.

However today we decide to go again. It was quiet for a friday night. And we were the only two in the restaurant. Had the crab meat and sweet corn soup ( (average)and quarter duck (good) for starter however the pancake was a bit cold.
The main course however was a massive disappointment - we had the sizzling fillet steak with schezuan sauce. We order this as we had it on valentine night and it was to die for.
But tonight the taste was odd had a weird after taste and the meat smell a bit. We complain about this, and the waiter who serve us was unhelpful and rude. Told us that the meat is fine and he spoke to the chef. My partner said that he wants to meet the chef and for him to come in front of us to say that it was fresh. However this did not happen, which to me was not a good sign, my other half felt sick and went to the bathroom and after coming back, the waiter rudely imply that he was faking, and saying that the chef said it was fresh. The waiter then remove the table cloth which my partner ask why, he said he had to remove it. My partner ask for the table cloth back for evidence he refused and said that it is in the laundry now. Which confirm that they wanted to remove all evdience of the unfresh food that they serve.

FYI be careful when you go there. YOu do not know what you will get. I think some nights it is fresh, some nights they might cover up the meat with vineger to cover up the smell which is off. It is all on the taste and smell. You never know.
Saturday 7 March 2009 1.44pm
Wow, that's a worrying review of the place. I just have to read a report on poor food and I start to feel queezy.
Saturday 7 March 2009 1.56pm
I don't understand why you wanted the tablecloth?
Saturday 7 March 2009 7.59pm
Review sounds really, really odd!
Wednesday 18 March 2009 10.47pm
Any updates on the heating at the Dragon Castle? Is it safe to go now that the weather's moved into Spring mode?

S

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network