coffee@bermondseystreet

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10
Monday 26 January 2009 7.18pm
The place looks closed. They claim they had a burst pipe but how long does it take to clear it?
The one on TBR has closed and, this evening, I tried to call the Brick Lane branch but there is no reply ( they close at 8pm in all their branches).
It would be a shame because, unlike Amano, the quality of their product was very good!
I do hope I am wrong.
Tuesday 27 January 2009 10.44am
I noticed the sign on the door about the burst pipe on Saturday. Does anyone know when the sign went up? There was another taped-up message yesterday giving someone's phone number and saying he or she was around the corner, so perhaps the plumber was expected?
Tuesday 27 January 2009 12.17pm
I wouldn't hold your breath for the plumber.

The coffee@ empire has been re-organised, with only Brick Lane ongoing, I hear from out-of-pocket unsecured creditors on Bermondsey Street.

I wish better luck for those independents out there still making a go of it - and paying their bills.
Tuesday 27 January 2009 12.50pm
They opened too many too quickly.

I really liked their coffee but thought that one at tower bridge & whitecross street was expanding too quickly.

where does good coffee in SE1 now???
Tuesday 27 January 2009 1.13pm
hamildan wrote:
where does good coffee in SE1 now???

The only place I can think of is Monmouth Coffee at Borough Market (not sure if they are open at non-market times though...)
Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!!
Tuesday 27 January 2009 2.29pm
Is coffee a Class B or a Class C nowadays?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 27 January 2009 5.11pm
Monmouth keeps much more generous hours than the market and is easily the best place locally. While it's sad to see a local small business go under, I thought Coffee@ was pretty poor. Not very good coffee and shocking service.
Tuesday 27 January 2009 6.12pm
Since I'm a quarter-shot-latte-as-a-really-daring-treat person I'm no judge. But I've friends who tell me SoBo does a good cup. (And - based on the staff's carefully and politely concealed wince when I order my quarter shot - it seems to take the whole coffee thing fairly seriously.)
Tuesday 27 January 2009 6.14pm
agreed lomglaner...the coffee@ coffee was below par and the staff downright useless. what amazes me is that with so much goodwill from so many of us towards local businesses the same businesss so often dish up such a sub-standard product. is monmouth all that is between us and costabucks??
Tuesday 27 January 2009 8.13pm
Coffee@ was a terrible place. Disgusting coffee, flakey staff, dreadful (and unbearably loud) music all served up with an unhealthy dose of arrogance. It doesn't take a genuis to work out why it went under. I went in the Bermondsey Street branch shortly after Tower Bridge Road had shut down and asked them why it had closed. The reply was that "there weren't enough customers to support it". Says it all really. Good ridance.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: