Broadband, Demon and Apple

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 20 January 2004 7.11pm

A little while ago I enquired about Broadband experiences and, whilst I am sure that there are better deals out there, Demon's Mac focussed offering definitely works for me.

With a little help from my friends I can also collect all my mail from Compuserve (via Demon's server) and browse Compuserve's once wonderful forums.

Best of all, Demon's service makes using Apple's OSX a breeze. 10/10 for anyone wanting a recommendation.

Tuesday 20 January 2004 10.56pm

I recommend zen good customer support, a range of speeds.

Oh and a good contention ratio (my girlfriend says i should say this it will make me sound techie).
Wednesday 21 January 2004 9.52am
Have just started migration from BT broadband to Zen. Am looking forward to some good service!
Thursday 22 January 2004 9.57am
I have awful BT broadband. Will look into zen. Tell us how you get on Tanya

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Thursday 22 January 2004 11.04am
Ivanhoe - I use Bulldog Communications and they provide a really reliable & cheap service.

Check out
Thursday 22 January 2004 12.08pm
I would second a recommendation for Zen. Have never had a single outage (except when a BT guy did some work outside). Bulldog are worth looking at as well, especially if you higher bandwidth options as they packages that allow your bandwidth to increase during off peak hours (2Mbits) (6pm-8am), for a home user you get the best deal, a business package at consumer costs
Tuesday 27 January 2004 2.22pm
I too use Bulldog and find their service very good - the customer service is very good also, which is very important. They have a good range of speeds for very acceptable prices. I'm not saying they're better than another because I've only used Bulldog, however this site is the bible for broadband, both for users and choosers:
Tuesday 27 January 2004 2.33pm
So far migration to Zen is going well, although I'm a bit disappointed that their tech support closes at 5pm. Seeing as I'm at work all day I'm not sure how its going to work if I've got a problem when I get home.
Anyway, I will let you know what its like once I'm up and running. In the meantime, thank god I've got rid of BT, they were driving me MAD.
Tuesday 27 January 2004 10.32pm
I use Pipex and have had very few problems,
But can reccomend Demon, I used to work on their Technical helpdesk, and few can beat their service. they didnt do broadband when i got it otherwise would have used them.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: