Cheap alterations, trouser hemming

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 29 January 2009 11.11pm
Is there someone nearby the Southwark tube station that will cheaply hem trousers?
mac
Friday 30 January 2009 9.29am
Dressed to Kill on The Cut does alterations, though I'm not sure how cheap/expensive it is. When I enquired about re-lining a coat, their quote as the cheapest I'd found (if that's anything to go by...).
Friday 30 January 2009 9.56am
The dry-cleaner on Blackfriars Road, near Pocock Street, has a tailor who does this sort of thing pretty well.
Monday 2 February 2009 9.44am
also the Dry cleaners in Great Suffolk Street
Monday 2 February 2009 8.21pm
last time I got trousers hemmed was on New Kent Rd at the drycleaners (so a short bus hope from Southwark tube) - was v reasonable tho - only about 6!!! not sure their current price: Magic Touch.
Monday 23 February 2009 8.49pm
Did you find a good one?... i need to get a few pairs of pretty expensive trousers hemmed and dont want them ruined!
Tuesday 24 February 2009 8.47am
I used the tailors at the entrance to London Bridge bus/rail station about 6 weeks ago.....10. It was quite a good job I think.
Tuesday 24 February 2009 11.24am
urbanite wrote:
I used the tailors at the entrance to London Bridge bus/rail station about 6 weeks ago.....10. It was quite a good job I think.

It's called Nelly's - they've done lots of hems up and hems down for my partner (10) They've also taken a summer coat in one size for me(a complicated job and they did it so well I couldn't tell anything had been done except that the coat now fits) - oh and they've replaced numerous broken zips for me too.

Tel 0207 403 4488 - and only one tube stop from Southwark tube.

They've quoted me 70 for relining a mans heavy wool coat - mac how much did Dress to Kill quote for your relining job?
mac
Tuesday 24 February 2009 9.32pm
I was quoted 70 to re-line a coat at Dress to Kill. This compares with an earlier quote of 100 at Alteration Station near Clapham Junction.

Mr Mac has just had a quote of 7.50 to hem his new trousers at the dry cleaners on The Cut. He hasn't taken them up yet (no pun intended) as he doesn't know what their work will be like. If he goes ahead we'll let you know re the quality.
Wednesday 25 February 2009 1.39pm
Thanks mac
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: