Best place for brunch by London Bridge/Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 30 January 2009 11.47am
WHere do you guys recommend for a brunch/late breakfast near London Bridge or Southwark Stations please?

Ideally something local and independent rather than a chain place...
Friday 30 January 2009 11.51am
Weekday? Saturday? Sunday?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 30 January 2009 1.57pm
Joe's cafe next to Borough Tube (not too far to walk from London Birdge) is brilliant in my view - clean north american dining experience with excellent menu, including some healthy favourites alongside some less healthy dishes! Its open Sunday too.

Saturday of course also offers up Borough Market for a range of "on the hoof" eats.
Friday 30 January 2009 2.14pm
Apart from when they turn you away as they are 'too busy' despite there being empty tables...

Del Aziz is good though.
Friday 30 January 2009 2.31pm
I love Brindisa, though it's hardly cheap. Or El Vergel on Lant St.
Friday 30 January 2009 5.05pm
The Garrison, on Bermondsey St, does the best breakfast / brunch I can think of. Never been for breakfast there but I've heard Roast in Borough Market does one too. Probably expensive but v good...
Friday 30 January 2009 5.39pm
Breakfast/brunch at Brindisa is wonderful. get there early to avoid a long wait. the chorizo with eggs and potatoes...hmmmmm
Friday 30 January 2009 7.52pm
The Garrison has really lost the plot since Blair (sp?) left.
Friday 30 January 2009 10.21pm
Breakfast at the Garrison was expensive and disappointing, the only time I went - albeit three years ago. The staff weren't particularly pleasant so I have never returned.
Friday 30 January 2009 10.24pm
Both Pont de la Tour and Butlers Wharf Chop House near Tower Bridge have a fixed price lunch menu of 12-15 for two courses per person on the weekends. It's a great opportunity to eat at two top-notch restaurants without breaking the bank.

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: