Has anyone had any post since the snow?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
babbs Friday 6 February 2009 1.07pm
Our building generally gets post everyday as it come into and is sorted in a communal area. We received our first post yesterday, mine was junk - all that wait and nothing very exciting. Gone are the days of getting letters and interesting things, always just bills and junk!
McQueen Friday 6 February 2009 5.14pm
As of yesterday (5 Feb) our building had definitely not had a postal delivery since the previous Thursday. I don't know yet whether we've had a delivery today, but I'm not hopeful since we've not had deliveries on Friday or Saturday for a few weeks now, so we might not get anything until Monday. Providing it doesn't snow again ;)
longlaner Friday 6 February 2009 9.00pm
Got post today for the first time in a week (Long Lane).
Auntie Pat Saturday 7 February 2009 1.20am
Got a huge amount of post today, most of it actually addressed to me, though some was for random people at completely different addresses! (sigh)
mickysalt Saturday 7 February 2009 3.41pm
Some of the comments on the news about the snow are ridiculous, it's the heaviest snow for 18 years, not the only snow for 18 years, bad winters come in cycles we could have bad winters for the next ten years from now on. And we may not have seen the worst of this one yet.
Philpotts24 Saturday 7 February 2009 4.00pm
I agree to some extent - but this country is not very good at looking ahead. Despite a general increase in temperatures and very uncomfortable summers in London, new buildings are still built with too much insulation and too little airflow. Similarly, more preparation could have been made for this recent spell of icy weather.
Zoe Saturday 7 February 2009 5.49pm
I'm slightly suprised at the footwear people have been wearing in the snow.

If people had proper coats and boots they would have made it into work, but highheels are just not suitable in the snow...I know I've turned into my mum, but I'm still right :-)
felicia Saturday 7 February 2009 11.10pm
so unfortunate that it snows last week monday.Was to have an interviw with the NA people but has to be re-schedule becos of the snow.

can't wait to get my insurance number so i can start working........

tired of sitting down at home
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions