Cheap accomodation near Borough Tube

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 6 February 2009 9.15am
Can anyone recommend cheap ish accommodation near to Borough Tube for a Saturday night (or possibly Friday/Saturday) ?

We have several people coming to London, and we can't fit all of them into our one bed flat.

Near Borough tube, or somewhere between Borough tube and Tescos Old Kent Rd.
Friday 6 February 2009 9.40am
There's that little hotel right next to Borough Tube (though have absolutely no idea what it is like inside ... nor the cost of it)

And there's the Premier lodges on Tower Bridge Road and one behind the Anchor Bankside - might be cheapish for a weekend if booked in advance?
Friday 6 February 2009 9.50am
The hostel Julie is talking about next to the tube is the Dover Castle Hostel
Friday 6 February 2009 9.59am
I think Julie means the London City Hotel

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 6 February 2009 10.04am
There is a new Travellodge (London Southwark) on Union Street just behind the LDA building. Characterless but probably not too expensive.

I believe the Southwark Rose Hotel on Southwark Bridge Road is reasonable - but not sure what that means so centrally!

The Novotel on Southwark Bridge road may also be worth checking-out (pardon the pun) they are often quite reasonable and if you don;t get joy from that one there are others at Lambeth Palace and London Bridge I think if you dont mind a short walk.
Friday 6 February 2009 10.09am
On the Old Kent Road you've got the Premier by Eurotraveller.

See also our hotel map:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 10 February 2009 2.43pm
Thanks all - most helpful.
Tuesday 10 February 2009 6.52pm
My parents just stayed at the Travelodge on Union Street, and seemed happy enough with it. It was fairly cheap, and they said it was all clean and new.
Wednesday 11 February 2009 6.37pm
St Christophers Hostel on Borough High St? (depending whether they are hostel or hotel people)
Thursday 12 February 2009 9.39pm
You might also want to look at the Bridge Hotel in Borough Rd about ten minutes walk from Borough Tube Station. It's perhaps a bit more "cheap and cheerful" versus the other chains.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: