Filming on Harper Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 10 February 2009 8.21pm
Hello. Does anyone know what is happening at The Rising Sun pub on Harper Road? Looks like they are filming something at the the pub as there are lots of people hanging around and trucks and scaffolding with black tarpaulin outside.
Wednesday 11 February 2009 12.46pm
According to ellectricgirl on Twitter it's Harry Brown starring Michael Caine.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 11 February 2009 1.08pm
Can't believe I stopped at the corner shop right by there at around 7pm last night and didn't notice a thing!

(Note to self: give visor a good clean ;0))

(Edited to add: Oh no, I'm now officially very silly. I got Rising Sun mixed up with Royal Standard. Ooops!)

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 15 February 2009 10.20am
For any of you that are celebrity spotters, Sir Michael Caine is on site. I've a friend that has a flat overlooking the site and she has just seen a Jag park up and Sir Michael get out and walk into the pub.
Thursday 19 February 2009 1.01pm
I took some interesting pics on set a couple of weeks ago when they were filming at Marksgate estate, Gants Hill. Worth a peep, and search "harry brown". Regards, Mike.
Thursday 12 March 2009 4.59pm
Sir Michael Caine on the "rotten" Heygate Estate and his fears for the Elephant & Castle: [Evening Standard]

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 12 April 2010 2.26pm
Saw this film over the weekend. Very good. And they make the Heygate look terrifying.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 13 April 2010 12.40am
My flatmate watched it the other day and said it was brilliant but shocking!
He suggested I don't watch it in case it scares me!He's probably thinking he'll have to start meeting me at the bus stop at night or something! Ha ha

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: