Incident on Union Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 13 February 2009 5.03pm
My wife was in Union Street this morning at around 9.30 when suddenly a car, pursued by another, crashed into a parked van. The pursuing van then slammed into the back of the car, wedging it in. One man got out and started banging the crashed car with a baseball bat. According to my wife, he was like a mad man. The driver somehow managed to force the car out and sped away in the heavily damaged car. The van then followed at high speed. My wife was very shocked by the violence of the incident. She got the feeling it was organised/planned, i.e. not “ordinary” road rage. Only half an hour earlier the street was still filled with schoolkids. No police turned up and nothing's been on the news. I wonder how they negotiated the busy BHS.
Friday 13 February 2009 5.09pm
could I point out the obvious and say report this to the police pronto!!

your wife witnessed at least one crime (the car crashing into a parked van) and it sounds like they might have gone on to commit more
Friday 13 February 2009 5.44pm
All done. The main witness was the innocent van driver the first car smashed into.
Friday 13 February 2009 6.27pm
I know crashes can be shocking and its easy to forget how important it is but any license plates taken?
Friday 13 February 2009 11.36pm
I think the car ended up on Trinity st . I saw a very damaged black car being attended by the fire service and one policeman.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: