Thursday 22 January 2004 11.32am
I thoroughly recommend Metropolis, under the arches at Vauxhall.
You'll find that they tend to use "half-cars", but apart from them having two wheels the only other differences from a more conventional car are:
- no congestion charge
- huge reduction in emissions
- you actually MOVE through London traffic
- it's frighteningly cheap to own, tax, service, and run a "half-car"
- the test (CBT) only takes a day
- there's free parking all over central London
- you won't find that you've just spent a horrendous amount of money on a carpy-looking tin box that looks just like all the other carpy tin boxes on the road
The only disadvantage is having to find something other than one's car to rely on when one has moments of crisis about size of one's zi-zi (thanks whoever it was who gave me this phrase on the forum recently - ??maurits perhaps??)
...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.