Gym with swimming pool membership

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 14 February 2009 2.52pm
Dear All,

I want to join a gym in SE1/SE16 area that has swimming pool. A friend recommended Circla spa. I also found topnouch from this website. Has anyone here used these gyms?

If you know any other gym with with pool in this area I would be very thankful to hear from you. Hav nice day, Mona
Saturday 14 February 2009 3.39pm
There's the Seven Islands Leisure Centre near Canada Water. The pool has been closed for a couple of months because of boiler problems and asbestos in the boiler room but it's due to re-open in a few weeks time.
Saturday 14 February 2009 4.25pm
Fitness First in Cotton Building, Tooley St has a c.30m three lane pool. Weekend membership starts from about 20 per month.

I believe the 37 degrees gym in More London also has a pool, however it's had quite a bit of bad press on this site so I'd think twice before joining.

Monday 16 February 2009 9.24am
Fitness first might be cheap but the staff is useless. You want advice, there is noone unless you pay extra. It is good if you want to use the gym worldwide. Fitness first in Paris and Germany are really nice and the staff is much friendlier!
Monday 16 February 2009 9.27am
I used Top Notch for over a year and found it ok although it also has had a few bad comments during its time. Best is to go and get a trial membership and see which one is best.

Top Notch is also the cheapest gym with pool in the area.
Monday 16 February 2009 11.07am
Mona - all gyms will let you have a trial day, so why not try out all the gyms in the area and see what you prefer!
Monday 16 February 2009 11.54am
Many THANKS for all the replies.

I will check them all. The only good point I have found so far about circle spa is that they have a parking space. They don' have a free trail but I will go to see it someime this week.

Once again thanks for everone who replied to my query.
Tuesday 17 February 2009 1.49pm
Peckham Pulse/other fusion fitness centres are by far the best IMO.
Tuesday 17 February 2009 4.50pm
Guy's hospital also has a swimming pool available to the public.
Saturday 21 February 2009 11.52am
connie wrote:
Guy's hospital also has a swimming pool available to the public.

Is that actually true? I've often heard this rumour but I thought the pool was staff only.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: